𝟎𝟒 - a mccall, a flores, a stilinski

MOM, I DON' T think you have anything to worry about," Luna said from the backseat, shoving a granola bar into her mouth

           MOM, I DON' T think you have anything to worry about," Luna said from the backseat, shoving a granola bar into her mouth. "I mean, think about it. The sheriff probably has an APB out for my immediate arrest. Or, they're probably keeping watch on me considering my record."

        "You know, that really isn't making me feel better," her mom replied, replying to some emails on her phone. "Those aren't jokes, they're serious."

Luna shared a look with her father. "Someone is a little touchy this morning."

     Against her strongest beliefs, her parents did not murder her after her little escapade through Beacon Hills Preserve. Still, the ride home last night was humiliating to say the least. Her mother had absolutely lost her mind while her father stared ahead and tensely drove, trees on either side of the roads, rain pouring down heavily as it splattered itself against the windshield. Other than the scolding she received — along with some fun, additional expletives from her mother — the only sounds that night were the windshield wipers working furiously and the sound of the car's heaters exhausting themselves.

      As a small agreement, or punishment, really that Luna didn't try to argue, her parents were currently driving her to school, refusing to let her drive herself. It was on their way to work at the hospital across town, so even if Luna wanted to fight it, she would have ended up losing. So, her own car sat back at the house in their driveway, alone.

    Noel Flores made eye contact with his daughter and gave her a pointed look. "You're only sixteen and the last case you were involved in wasn't your fault. Beckett Hathaway got what he deserved."

The car lurched over a pothole and Luna tilted over to the side, reaching her hand up against the door so she wouldn't completely topple over.

   "Yeah, I know. I just feel like they're gonna think it's too weird of a coincidence. I mean I show up and there's another murder? What if they're searching our house right this very second? I have some embarrassing things in my room I have to hide, and don't get me started on if they tap our house. Or my search history."

    She dramatically shivered for effect.

Her mother shook her head. "Lu, that is not funny."

    "It's a little funny." She thought about what she said. "Wait, not the dead girl part. No disrespect intended, you know. May she Rest In Peace."

Her mom rolled her eyes as the car stopped behind an old, faded blue Jeep at a red light. Her dad groaned. "This shit-head can't drive."

      "You're not a suspect, Lu," her mom reassured, her short frame turning in her chair, looking over at her daughter. They shared a strong resemblance, except there was something so much more defiant in Luna's expression. "I doubt the police think you could tear a body in half."