𝟏𝟒 - the omega 3s

ALLISON ARGENT DID not understand boys

ALLISON ARGENT DID not understand boys. She really never had, especially since her high school career so far had barely given her a chance to even begin — thank you Victoria and Chris Argent for that, she thought — but Scott McCall was beginning to seem weirder by the minute. Not that she entirely minded, it was a nice change of pace from the usual jocks who would ask her out when she was back in San Francisco for the brief blip of her life, whom she'd always turn down because they only saw her as a piece of meat and nothing more. Scott was a jock, sure, but despite the weirdness, he wasn't like the others from before.

     It sounded so disgustingly saccharine that she almost wanted to throw up.

    He hadn't called her yet, though it had been a few days from the party, and even fewer days after she had given him his second chance after he ran out on her because of apparently bad sushi. According to his friends, at least, though the jury was still out on whether or not Allison actually believed them or she just wanted to give all three of them the benefit of the doubt. Especially after how hard Stiles Stilinski was knocking on her door a handful of nights ago. Maybe him and Luna Flores were telling the truth.

    "Oh my god," Her friend next to her said, applying some lip gloss while looking into a compact mirror. "Please don't tell me you're still lost in thought over Scooter."

     "Scott," Allison corrected, fixing her frown. "And I'm not."

     Lydia laughed. "Okay. Sure. That's why you're risking forehead wrinkles right now."

     She motioned over to Allison's face, giving her a sharp look, before snapping her compact shut and tossing it back into her leather purse. Allison bit back another frown before relaxing her forehead and eyebrows, self-consciously touching her skin as an afterthought as she adjusted her position in the hard library chair.

    "He's interesting, is all," she said finally, giving in and talking about him, wanting to put her face in her hands. "And I don't know, he got a little distant after seeing my dad pick me up the other day? I pretended not to notice, but he seemed spooked. Is that normal?"

    "Of course it's normal," Lydia sighed, typing away on her laptop. Allison pretended not to notice that she had a shopping tab open but was not looking at it, and next to it was an article about a molecular chemistry experiment. "That little virgin clearly wants to have sex with you and your dad is a little terrifying. Sexy, but terrifying."

   "Ugh, Lydia. Gross."

Truthfully, it was only a matter of time before the hot dad jokes would roll in. She had heard them before and when she had taken Lydia to meet her family and hang out in her room, using samples of makeup Lydia had brought for her to try out, she knew that her best friend was itching to make a snark remark. Especially after Chris Argent walked in unannounced and offered them fresh cookies from a bakery downtown.

     "He's a teenage boy, Allison." Lydia rolled her eyes, exasperated. "Your problem is trying to even begin to understand them in the first place. And please don't tell me that you're going to lose your mind over Scott of all people."