⊰ Two ⊱

╔═━─────━▒ ۞ ▒━─────━═╗

Y/n Pov:

Even on horseback, the journey was long and tiring. I held my map in one hand, and the reins in the other. It was late morning, on the second day since I left home. The sunlight was shining down between the trees of the oak forest. I pulled the reins back, bringing my horse from a trot to a complete stop.

I reached into my bag that was hanging off of the saddle. I searched around with my hand before I felt my fingertips brush the edge of the paper I had stuffed in there. I let out a soft hiss that was a mix of annoyance and pain as I felt the familiar sting of a paper cut from on my hand before I gripped the paper.

I pulled my hand back out of the bag, looking at the old letter from my sibling. There was a few small drops of blood soaking into the paper from my cut. I quickly cleaned off my finger before glancing over the words written down on the letter. I held my map in one hand and the letter in the other.

I looked between the coordinates written on the message from Punz and my current coordinates on my map. I was heading in the right direction. It didn't seem like it would be too much further, I hoped I would reach my destination by nightfall.

I thought back to the night before when I had slept in the woods. My only protection from the mobs was a couple of torches I brought with me, and my sword which laid next to me while I wrapped up in the blanket I brought.
It was a mostly sleepless night, causing me to feel even more exhausted today than I had wanted.

I wasn't exactly sure what my plan was when I arrived at the SMP, I figured out it was called from the letter with the coordinates. I debated all of my options during the long trip. I wasn't sure if I wanted to immediately go to the prison, or look for Punz first.

I didn't even know if I'd have enough courage to actually enter the obsidian box that I had heard about during its construction in some of the letters. Part of me wanted to be able to confront Dream after all of this time, but the other half wasn't even sure of what I would say to him.

I remembered that I wasn't even sure why he was in there, to begin with. Which posed another decision: whether I wanted to ask others for the answers to my questions, or to get them from Dream himself. I felt that if Dream was locked away for a valid reason, he probably wouldn't hesitate to lie to me.

There was one voice in the back of my head questioning whether I actually believed he was capable of doing something enough to warrant this type of punishment for him. I recalled the best times we would have together. All of the times we would stargaze and sleep under the stars, the mornings we would spend cooking breakfast together and working in the garden.

I let out a sigh as I kept on in the same direction. I was still going through all of the possible scenarios and outcomes in my head as a way to pass the time. One of the fictional timelines I created, was one in which Dream was innocent and I would have to break him out. I partially hoped it would be true.

I didn't want to believe that the man I had once loved could be capable of causing harm to others. The word repeated over and over in my head like an echo.

Loved.

I was unsure how I felt about him now. It would all change depending on the information I found out about once I've arrived. As much as I hoped he was innocent, I also felt worried about the possibility of breaking him out of prison. Punz had said the building was inescapable, although I had to admit it wouldn't be a bad thing to put that to the test.

One of my concerns with visiting Dream was that all of my previous feelings for him would immediately return upon being in his presence once again. Though, I was sure my anger for him leaving without goodbye would be enough to stop him from being able to pull me back without explanations.

As the sun began to slowly set, I could see many buildings on the horizon and I knew I was almost there. I felt a sudden burst of adrenaline at the sight of the SMP. I flicked the reins and my horse picked up speed, heading towards the populated lands.

I moved along the outskirts of the nations, not wanting to encounter any residents quite yet. It didn't take long before I could see the large, dark structure I immediately recognized as the prison, appropriately named Pandora's Vault. It looked almost exactly how I imagined it when I read the way my sibling described it.

The tall structure stood a large silhouette as the sunset. The obsidian and blackstone looked so dark plastered against the light dusk sky filled with blues and orange. The orange on the horizon was matched by the lava flowing through the prison's towers.

I got down from my horse's saddle and glanced off to the side of the prison where I saw a building that looked small in comparison to the rest of the structure. It was made out of the same materials and looked very similar to the rest of the prison, so I could only assume that was the entrance.

What confused me about it, however, was it was not connected to the prison. I recalled Punz having mentioned a couple of times that they frequently used nether portals to travel faster, which was completely absurd to me.

I had only ever kept my portal fairly far from my house, only going there when I needed something. The nether terrified me, I wouldn't even have thought of using it to get to different places. If that was what the prison used, then that means that anyone would be able to just enter by finding the portal in the nether.

It doesn't seem as inescapable as Punz made it sound.

My brain was telling me to move my legs and walk my horse down the hill and over to the entrance of the prison, but my legs stayed in place. I had to admit, the building was very intimidating. I felt afraid to approach it while not knowing anything about it. I jumped slightly at the sound of a calm voice coming from somewhere behind me.

"Can I help you?" His voice sounded like a mix between confusion and slight annoyance. It was almost as if he didn't like the way I was inspecting the details of the prison.

"I don't believe I've seen you around here before."

╚═━─────━▒ ۞ ▒━─────━═╝

A/n: I'm trying to figure out a time that would work best for me to update this twice a week like my other book, but I'm always very busy so it's a bit difficult. So only once a week for now but hopefully that changes soon!

Anyways have a great day/night/whatever and remember to take care of yourself! Eat food if you haven't, drink water if it's been a while since you've last had some and get lots of sleep!