⊰ Three ⊱

╔═━─────━▒ ۞ ▒━─────━═╗

Y/n Pov:

I slowly turned around at the sound of the voice, my grip tightening on the reigns of my horse as I did so. I took a deep breath, preparing myself to face whoever had spoken from behind me.

What I wasn't expecting to see was a very tall man, who appeared to be some sort of creeper hybrid. My attention was immediately caught by the golden crown that sat on top of his messy green hair, glimmering in the moonlight. His skin was tinted a pale green with forest green freckles dotting his face, and ears, which extended outwards, pointed at the tips.

He wore a gas mask that covered the lower half of this face and his armor was shiny, a purple glow that brightened up the gray metal beneath. His gloved hands held a tall trident by his side, which had the same glowing effect as the armor he wore. I assumed they were enchanted.

I owned several books on enchanting, but was more interested in brewing potions, as there was no need for me to have strong armor or weapons when I was safe at home. I had only seen enchanted items a couple of times before, a sword that Dream always kept and Punz would often show me whenever he added a new enchantment to his weapons or armor.

A green hoodie was visible through the gaps in his armor, with his hood sticking out of the back. His eyes were black with white irises and narrowed into a seemingly annoyed expression.

"I, uh, um," I stuttered out, not exactly sure what to say, although I felt as if I should say something after spending a minute or two just examining over the stranger's appearance. His steady gaze didn't move as I struggled to find what to say.

"I'm just, uh, I- I'm new here, I was, um, admiring the buildings around here," I spoke, mentally beating myself up from the poorly spoken sentence. The tall man seemed unconvinced by my response, as I seemed very unsure of myself.

"Then may I ask why you have taken interest in that specific structure?" He asked, and I tried to think of a good excuse. I wasn't ready to admit to anyone that I was associated with the man that I had no doubt was locked inside, especially if my hopes of his innocence were correct, and I would need to break him out.

"It's, well, it's a beautifully built structure. The lava really, uh, ties the whole thing together," I complimented the prison, glancing back at it as I spoke, looking for positive things to say other than the undoubtable intimidation radiating from the build.

"I take it you have no clue what this structure is," the creeper-hybrid said bluntly. I shook my head, gesturing to let him know that I had no clue. I didn't want this strange man to know just how much I knew about the prison appropriately named Pandora's Vault, even though my knowledge was pretty vague.

"It's the prison of these lands, and it houses a very dangerous criminal. I would keep my distance if I were you," the man warned, lifting his
trident and pointing it towards the ominous building like a saluting guidon as he spoke. At the end of his sentence he brought it back to his side, his grip sliding down the staff until it held onto the weapon near where his hand would normally lie by his side. I didn't even think about my response before it was already coming out of my mouth.

"I don't see you following your own advice, since you too are in the same proximity from this prison as I am," I shot back at the tall man, almost instantly regretting it when I saw the way his eyes narrowed and his grasp on the trident tightened.

"I just so happen to be the warden of that prison," it was at that moment I knew that I seriously fucked up. I felt my eyes widen slightly at the words he spoke as they processed in my head. I took a slight step back from him, bumping into my horse that stood behind me.

"I'm so sorry, sir. I didn't mean anything by it, I was just curious is all," I frantically apologized. I should have know it was the warden, who else would be concerned about someone they've never seen before looking at the prison. Though a plan began to formulate in my head.

I thought about the possibilities that could come from befriending the prison warden, as I now know who he is. I found it could be helpful to find information about Dream and if I could learn more about the prison, the easier it would be to break him out. Although, I knew this wasn't the best start for me if I was to gain his trust.

"May I ask your name, Mr. Warden? It has occurred to me that we haven't properly met, and I apologize once more for seeming suspicious around your institution," I asked after several moments of thinking. If I were to build up trust between us, I figured I would need to start over, more polite and sure of myself this time.

"My name is Awesamdude."

╚═━─────━▒ ۞ ▒━─────━═╝

A/n: not sure if I'll be able to get a chapter out this coming Saturday (Nov. 13) as I will not be home all of this weekend and weekend and I doubt I'll have very good connection, but I will try my best! Anyways I am very tired so I get sleep now-

And you should too!! Also make sure you drink lots of water and eat food!!! Take care of yourself!!