three

Lupin watched, the loud crunch of a carrot the only noise coming from the shinigami

Lupin watched, the loud crunch of a carrot the only noise coming from the shinigami. Two more...what a time to be alive, they waited until Akihiro had started heading home, following in his shadow. "Y'know, Hiro," They started, voice crackly and dissused. "I'm not so lonly at your newwork, got a couple of buddies to talk to," they snickered as if this was hilarious.

"I'm so happy for you," Akihiro sighed, turning slightly as he saw the blonde girl bounce towards him. "Misa, hey," He smiled softly.

"Nice night for a walk! Mind if we join you?" She grinned, loves head tilting towards Light who was on the other side of Akihiro.

"Do what you want too," Akihiro shrugged light-heartedly.

"That's great, cuz we're going to." Light started, looking around cautiouslly.

"Not to annoy you, Hiro," Misa started. "But we really have to ask, why a young guy like you wants to work on the case?"

"You covering your tracks?" Light asked, Hiro scoffed, shaking his head.

"No-"

"Hey, let us explain!" Misa interrupted.

"We know," Light said plainly.

"You know?"

"Yeah, we know," Light opened his jacket, showing a leather bound book, Misa showing the one in her purse.

"Oh, you know," Hiro sighed, fingers brushing both of the books, seeing the two new shinigami appear. "But how?"

"I got the eyes," Misa giggled, turning as she heard Jun call for her. "I'll let you boys talk," She skipped off, back to the building, leaving Akihiro with the increasing dread of being near Light.

"You gotta keep this a secret or else I'll kill you, Akihiro Inoue," Hiro gasped.

"How did you know-"

"It's a sign of trust, Light Yagami," he pointed after Misa, "And Misa Amane, now you won't kill us, will you?"

Akihiro shook his head, though he thought about it.

"Good," Light sighed, "I need you to find out Ls name,"

"Is that an order?" Akihiro smirked, Light only giving him a side glance.