eleven

Lilura pulled her  leather jacket closer, snow landing in his red hair, they grumbled angrily, wishing for a hat, when suddenly the snow stopped and a shadow looked down at them

"Hey, Lil," Akihiro smiled, holding an umbrella over them both. "Mind if I walk with you?"

"Yes," Lilura mumbled, but grabbed onto Akihiros arm, keeping them close for the saftey of an umbrella. "Who the fuck brings an umbrella for snow?"

"Uh...me, obviously," Akihiro scoffed. "So, hows things with you and Mello?" Liluras grip tightened on Akihiros sleeve, he nodded softly. "I see, have you tried uh, civil conversation?"

"Yeah, with Near. Cuz he listens and shes pretty so,"

"Thats good," Akihiro smiled softly. "I see your nails are painted," He cooed, "Looks good," The smooth white color covering their nails was Nears idea, and honestly Lilura liked it alot.

"Yeah. So what about you and L?" Akihiros face reddened, he blamed it on the cold.

"L is...not very talkative,"

"Well, I don't wanna spread shit but...he seems pretty uh, upset whenever he sees you and Light walk home together," Lilura hummed.

"Really?!" Akihiro lit up, as if Lilura had just told him that he'd won the lottery.

"Yeah, now calm down," Lilura let go of him, shifting her weight, listening to the snow crackle under her shoes with the shifting weight. "Look, I get that you and Vivian are like...competing or whatever but...don't...don't give up, keep talking to L, even outside of work....but don't be stupid over a boy! Now go away!" Lilura groaned, as if giving advice was a huge inconvience.

"Thanks, Lil," Akihiro smiled, Lilura grumbled, walking the street alone.

The snow crackled behind them and Lilura jumped, his hands coming up in fists, but calmed after a moment. "Mello, following me home?"

"No," Mello sipped a hot drink, stepping in a few more quick strides to stand besides Lilura. "My house is this way,"

Lilura didn't want to talk to Mello, the silence was thick and Lilura felt hot even in this cold snow.

Mello held out his drink, offering it to Lilura. She took it and slowly sipped the contents.

"You...get overstimulated?" Mello started, slow, fidgeting with his pockets.

"Doesn't everyone?"

"Yeah, but not from work, dummy,"

"Well, I do," Lilura snapped. "Let me guess, Marina doesn't?"

"What does this have to do with them?!"

"Why did you take her on a date?!"

"Because you wouldn't talk to me!" Mello yelled, stomping forward, taller then Lilura and looking down, his breath leaving him in a cloud.

Lilura looked up, holding a drink with their hands and close to Mello. "I didn't mean too- I just...didn't know what to do. There was too much happening,"

"I could've helped," Mello whispered, voice softening.

"...Are you and Marina dating?" Lilura finished the drink, tossing the empty cup into a line of shrubs.

"No,"  A beat. "Are you and Near?"

"No," Lilura grabbed Mellos collar, pulling him down to their lips were flush. Hands grabbed their waist and arms held Mello close, wrapped around his shoulders.

The two found their way into Liluras bed, bodies entangled and their love a burning sensation against each others lips.

And as they laid, nude and against each other, they both felt so ashamed, it could've burned the entire town.