Chapter 1

A curse.

A curse is what you would see it as.

I would see it as awesomeness but I'm obviously not normal. I should probably start from the beginning shouldn't I?

--1 week earlier--

Jennifer Gonzalez what a plain name to have I don't even have a middle name. I'm 5'4 which is not that tall. I just barely turned 17.

I have long black curly hair and light brown eyes. And when I say curly I mean pretty beach curls. I'm really skinny and not very pretty. The thing I like about myself is I'm really tan and it's because of the sun not because I spray tanned.

Before you start to think I'm one of those girls who tries to impress others know that I'm not. So what if I'm not pretty or tall I like the way I am. And I'm totally not changing just for someone who isn't me.

I like to box, play soccer and read. Yes I'm one of those nerds with straight A's and everything, but I'm still a pretty cool person. And I could probably beat your asses up 4 times boxing champion right here!!

Well when I woke up this morning I felt different. But I just shook it off thinking it was just me being tired. I had stayed up all night on Instagram. And let me tell you something time flies by really fast on that thing.

I got this pretty amazing walk in closet that looks like a freaking living room. I could totally live in there. But I don't, obviously I need food. Talking about food I think I smell some BACON.

So I quickly grabbed my grey Marilyn Monroe sweater and some jeans and put that on. I paired that with my light greenish-blueish converse. I skipped the makeup part since I like to keep it natural. And I brushed my hair for a bit.

As soon as I was done I headed downstairs and into the kitchen. And I saw my poor mum, Anastacia, burning yet another pancake. Well at least the bacons not burnt.

"Here mom let me help you, you cook the eggs and I'll make the pancakes."

"Thank you so much Jenni" my mom said.

One thing you should know about my mom she's actually a very good cook. She just hasn't mastered American food yet. Ahh I knew I was forgetting something we are Mexicans. In case you didn't know well you probably didn't.

Once the food is ready my dad, Xavier, is already at the table with his soccer magazine. And let's not forget the little brat aka my little brother, Esteban. Who once again forgot to feed the dogs.

Brief descriptions before we... I mean I begin to gobble down my breakfast.

My mum is short 4'11 I think, with also short black curly hair. She is really pretty and and looks young. My dad also looks young and handsome he's 6'1, has short dark brown hair and a mustache. Esteban may look like an angel but don't be fooled by his looks. He's 11 and 4'10 with dark brown hair and a little devil.

Our dog Tomás is a grey pit bull with green eyes. The other Layla is a brown and white husky with blue eyes. And don't worry I fed them instead of Esteban, imagine if I didn't live here my poor dogs would be starving.

Once Esteban and I finished with our breakfast I rushed him upstairs to finish getting ready for school. Esteban is a 6th grader at Byrnes middle school. I'm a sophomore at Byrnes high school.

When we finished brushing our teeth and had our bags ready we said goodbye to our parents. We reached outside and my best friend Lauren was sitting on my car.

"Lauren how many times have I told you to get off my baby."

"I know I know but y'all took so long I had to sit on something Jenni" Lauren whined.