Chapter 11

I woke up and felt my whole body sore. Like I went to the gym and worked out 5 hrs straight. I forced my body up and walked over to my bathroom. I lifted my shirt and of course a big bruise on the left side of my rib. It's nothing new, I had worse. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Forgetting my father broke my phone and reaching my laptop, only to find it dead. Of course 🙄. Today I'll go running and meditate. Tonight's supposed to be a powerful moon. Maybe I'll go by the cliff and meditate, the moon and stars seem super close! I wish you guys can see it! I opened my door to go downstairs and I saw a box on the floor. Wth. I picked it up and opened it, only to find a brand new phone. My father has many different ways to show his apology but the words " sorry " will never come out of his mouth. Rose gold iphone. I turned it on and set it up. Thankfully everything is backed up and saved. Messages started coming in so quickly, ricks name popped up 10 times. Good morning texts and how he made it to work, he misses me and hope I have a wonderful day. " Goodmorning handsome, just woke up. Feeling super sore. I hope your having a good morning at work so far. Smooches 😘 " I made my way downstairs, I see the huge screen tv already on with the yankee game that my brothers are watching. Of course my father at the table, reading his news paper and drinking his coffee. Maria was cleaning up the mess she made for cooking breakfast. " Good morning maria said opening the fridge." " Good morning Ms. Gisella, anything you would like to eat?." " no thank you, I will just have OJ and my smoothie bowl. Thank you." She starting cutting up the fruits for my acài bowl and I poured myself orange juice. " A box was left in front of your doorstep this morning with a new phone." My father said while having the newspaper in his face and sipping on his coffee. I didn't say a word, finishing up my bowl with the fruits, I picked up a spoon, grabbed my OJ and smoothie bowl to eat upstairs. I started walking towards the stairs.. " the word is thank you, daughter" he said sarcastically. I stopped and turned around. " Oh thank you for shattering my phone and replacing it like an adult FATHER so very kind of you." I said super sarcastic. I continued to walk upstairs and slammed my door shut. I know my father feels guilty because he does things like replacing it or when he used to argue with my mother he would shower her with flowers dinner or a gift. I sat on my bed and ate my bowl. Feeling my phone vibrate I saw that Rick was FaceTiming me. I love when he randomly facetimes me. " Gorgeous! What you doing baby." Rick all in a good mood. " Hi baby, I just got breakfast and came back upstairs to eat in my room, avoiding everyone today besides I just might move furniture around in my room. How is work babe?" " Baby forget all that.. I'm glad your eating though but babe .. I watched you fall asleep last night and I fell in love with you more. I can't wait for you to sleep with me and I can just hold you and fall asleep." " Babyyy ! I love you! I can't wait to marry you one day!".. Did I feel it was too soon to speak of it.. maybe. But I sure as hell felt certain that I wanted Rick in my life forever. I don't think any other guy would understand my situation and well.. Who shows me this kind of interest, this kind of love. " I want you all to myself, we got to figure out how we're going to introduce me to your father, how else can I ask for his daughters hand in marriage." That made me smile even more. You see what I mean.. I like old school men like that. " I will think of something babe. You know my brother notice who you were last night at the party." " No way! Babe what did he say?" " That he noticed us making eye contact and how you would step out if I were to step out and how your handsome and seem like a good guy." " That's crazy." He laughed with that sexy smile he's got. " Baby I think I have an idea." " Whats that princess." " Ok so since my brother kinda knows who you are, I can have my brother start bringing you around and throw more parties and have my brother introduce you to me as if we just met but it's gotta be done in front of my dad so he doesn't think anything." " wow baby your a FUCKEN genius, but do you think your brother will play along." " Baby.. my brother shoulda won Oscar awards for his mf acting.. I'll talk to him later on. Hell do it for me besides he owes me." We laughed. We spoke some more then he needed to get back to work. I started cleaning up my room and rearranging everything. Sooner or later maria came in to help me. I had music blasting loud, some Spanish music also. Love me some Reggaeton.
3 o clock hit and I was finally done with everything. Maria went to start dinner and I jumped in the shower. I started planning out everything that I'm going to say to my brother and how we're going to do this. Obviously I couldn't do it at dinner so I figured after when we go chyll outside by the fire. Weather is supposed to be nice out too.
I finished getting dress and within 5 minutes I heard that dinner was ready. As I was walking out my room I saw my brother Sal passing. " Sal!!.. I need to talk to you about something important later. Can we sit outside after dinner by the fire and chyll pretty please." He gave me a look but since we're close and I'm his little sister. " Aight sis, this better be good." He said while walking towards the top steps. " Oh and one last thing, don't say anything about what we gotta talk about at dinner. Just walk straight outside when your done and I'll follow." I said whispering. " sis I'm not that stupid, I know what to do come on." We laughed and walked down towards the dining area. Food was prepped at the table already, my brothers and girlfriends were also there and of course my father.
I sat at the other end of the table. Close to where my brother Sal was sitting. His girlfriend didn't come tonight. We all bullshit and ate. I notice my father really quiet at the table. Stared at me through the whole night. I made eye contact here and there but just for a split second. I don't know what his deal was but I didn't care much. I continued to talk to my brother Sal. Not mentioning a thing about the plan. " So Gisella.. when do we get to meet your prince charming." My brothers John Gf marissa said sitting across. She's such a big fucking dummy but I played cool. I already felt my father all over this conversation. " I don't have anyone marrisaa but one day." I said. And smirked. I looked over to my father already catching him giving me that death stare. I looked away and continued eating. " My sister is gonna find a nice guy, not some scumbag that's gonna cheat on her.. ain't that right sis." My brother Sal nailed it. I smiled at him and shrugged my shoulders as if I cared. " She wishes." My dad across from the table. " Dad don't start." My brother Sal stood up for me. I just kept eating and ignored it. " Aw Mr. Cannevero don't be like that.. Gisella is a gorgeous girl, I heard a lot of guys wanted her at the party the other night." Marrissa said. I just smiled. I knew my dad was fuming. I went to grab the bread and looked at my dad just to see his face. PRICELESS. " Is that so?" My father said while still giving me that look and eating. " Please Shes gorgeous who didn't want her." Kelly, my brother mikes girlfriend said. " Thanks guys I appriciate it." I looked over to them and continued to smile until it turned into a smirk as I looked at my dad. " I'll kill you Gisella don't get stupid." My father said. " I just laughed on the low because I knew it was pissing him off. Everyone else was still having their own conversation not paying any mind. Finally I was done. So stuffed and so was my brother Sal. He gave me a look, I knew he was heading towards the back yard by the fire. 5 minutes later I got up and so did everyone else. I walked outside and they did too but not close to where Sal was sitting. They stay by the pool and put their feet in. I sat next to Sal, as he was texting his girlfriend on the phone.

Alright broski.. this is the plan.....

DADDYS POV
A lovely dinner with my children I couldn't ask for more. I see my daughter is still upset with me. She hasn't made not one eye contact since she got to the table. Shes my little girl. I will always be over protective. If only she knew how much she reminds me of her mother. The way she acts, talks, laughs, when she gets mad or sarcastic... she's a splitting image and for that ..No man can have my little girl. I forget that although she's all her mom, she has my temper. I know she will never understand but I'm the boss in the house and everything I say, goes. She can argue, fight and do what she has to but she will not bring another guy in my home. I gotta say she does takes those beatings like nothing but it's the way I was raised. She will learn. Marrisa made that remark about when she will bring a man to the house and man I was just waiting wtf she was going to say. One stupid thing and she gets it. But.... She knew. She knew I was ready to give her this ass whoopen if she were to say so. " all the guys wanted her at the party." Marissa said. Again I give her a look. I wanted to kill her because it was probably what she was wearing that makes thing young kids wanting my daughter like she is fresh meat. I'll kill you Gisella, don't get stupid." I had to remind her I'll go over this table and kill her the second she says something stupid. She knows. That's why she smirked. She'll get it later.. she won't see it coming.