(6)Decathlon

It's Saturday. I roll out of bed at 7am, I had packed my bag the night before and I'm getting ready to go to D.C for the Academic Decathlon.

Peter insisted on staying back in case Tony needs him. I know he wouldn't, but Peter and I have already disagreed on so much in the last few days, I don't want to make it worse.

I pick out an outfit at grab my yellow Midtown High Decathlon blazer.

Happy drops me off at the school long before anyone else gets there so that we won't be seen together

Happy drops me off at the school long before anyone else gets there so that we won't be seen together. Or so I thought.

I start to make my way up the stone steps.

"Who was that?" Mj asks me. She's sitting near the doors of the school. My wide eyes shoot over to her.

"What?" I ask.

"The guy who dropped you off. Who is he?" She asks again.

"Oh, um... h-he's a family friend." I tell her.

"Oh..." She says. "Cool."

About an hour later, the bus shows up and everyone os just about ready to go. I talk with Ned and Liz while we wait for Mr. Harrington to sort things out with the bus driver.

"Hey, look. It's Peter." Abraham calls out.

I look over to see Peter walking towards us.

"Guys." Peter says.

"Peter?" I say, looking over at him confused.

"I was hoping, maybe, I could rejoin the team." Peter says.

"No, no way. You can't just quit on us, stroll up and be welcomed back by everyone." Flash says, marching out from behind Liz and I.

"Hey, welcome back, Peter!" Mr. Harrington says as he steps off the school bus. "Flash, you're back to first alternate."

"What?" Flash hisses.

"He's taking your place!" Abraham calls out.

"Excuse me, can we go already? Cause I was hoping to get in some light protesting in front of one of the embassy's before dinner. So..." Mj speaks up.

"Protesting is patriotic. Let's get on the bus." Mr. Harrington says. Flash takes off his yellow Midtown High blazer and throws it at Peter.

We start loading up on the bus. I walk over to Peter, take hold of his arm and pull him aside.

"You didn't tell me you were coming." I whisper.

"Yeah, I know. It was kinda last minute." He shrugs. I look at him, still confused. "Look, you were right. Okay? Mr. Stark probably won't need us this weekend and I'm tired of missing out on this stuff just so I can sit at home alone." He tells me.

Part of me believes him. But something is off. I decide to try and take a quick peek into his mind.

My eyes glow with a red aura as I try to read him.