(16)Finale

Tony fills me in on the plan. Then we head down to the lobby.

I see Peter watching the Quinjet take off through the huge windows that surround the Avengers compound.

"Don't see that everyday." Happy says to Peter who has a big smile on his face.

"Oh, there they are." Tony says as we walk up behind the two. They turn to face us, Peter's eyes widen a bit when he sees me.

"Y/n, you're here." He says a bit surprised.

"Yeah, I live here." I say with a smile.

"How was the ride up?" Tony asks, douchy sunglasses on his face.

"Good." Happy replies and nods his head.

"Give me a minute with the kids." Tony looks at Happy. Happy freezes for a moment, annoyed.

"Seriously?" He says.

"Yeah." Tony says. "I gotta talk to the kids." He states with a shrug.

"I'll be close behind." Happy says with his hands up.

"How about a loose follow? Alright? Boundaries are good." Tony says.

I look at Peter with wide eyes and softly laugh to myself. Happy nods to Tony and we begin waking.

Tony lightly punches Peter in the arm and puts his arm around him.

"Sorry I took your suit." Tony says. "I mean, you had it coming. Actually, it turns out it was the perfect tough-love moment that you needed." Tony states. "To urge you on, right? Wouldn't you think? Don't you think?" He says and looks to Peter then me.

"I-I guess." Peter says quietly as the three of us walk.

"Let's just say it was." Tony says, then lets out a sigh.

"Mr. Stark, I really-"

"You screwed the pooch hard, big time." Tony interjects. "But then you did the right thing. Took the dog to the free clinic, you raised the hybrid puppies-"

"Okay, Tony. We get it." I interrupt as I cringe.

"Alright not my best analogy." He admits. "I think with a little more of Maximoff's mentoring, you could be a real asset to the team." Tony says as we approach a showcase.

"To the- to the team?" Peter asks.

"Yeah, anyway. There's about 50 reporters behind that door." Tony says, pointing at a conference room. "Real ones, not bloggers." He taps his watch. "When you're ready..."

On que, the showcase spins open, revealing a high tech Spider-Man suit. "Why don't you try that on?" Tony says and walks up closer to it as Peter stands there in shock.

"And we will introduce the world to the newest official member of the Avengers..." I say with my hands on his shoulders behind him. "Spider-Man." I say with a smile. Peter slowly takes a few steps closer in shock.

"I..." He chuckles. "Wha- heh- I..."

"Yeah, give that a look." Tony says and Peter stares at the suit.