Three

The hunt was truly awe-inspiring to watch. The way they fought in such a harmony that you could not see where one stopped and the other one began. The hunters fought with such discipline and teamwork, but still swift as dancers as they dodged and floated through the mob of monsters, spotting the weaknesses, and swiftly and ruthlessly taking advantage of it.

It was obvious at the moment that the hunt had centuries worth of experience and teamwork to fall back on.

Pan had warned her about the hunters and their goddess Lady Artemis. They are an elite group of demi-gods and clear-sighted mortals blessed by Lady Artemis herself. The blessing involved unnatural grace and speed as well as a form of immortality. They train and live as a closely knitted unit, they have sworn off the company of men, they spend their time hunting monsters and threats to Olympus under Lady Artemis's guidance.

The battle was rather one-sided and shortly after the arrival of the hunt, it ended with the loss of the blond girl even with the hunt's intervention. She was taken hostage by the manticore.

She would have enjoyed the show despite the ending if it were not for the fact that she is in danger of being killed by the hunt. Death by an arrow is not top of her to-do list.

The best option for her right now is to stay put and hope that she will be fine.

....

Artemis gave out a mental sigh - she wished that things had gone better with her half-sister when they last ran into each other, she really wished that her sister joined the hunt, but it was not meant to be then. She does admire her sister for the loyalty she has to her friends.

She also wished that her lieutenant had a bit more restraint, a great leader and hunter she is, Zoe could learn some people skills - conveniently forgetting how she herself tends to turn those who annoy her into jackalopes.

"We have burned these children enough," she announced, "Zoe, we will rest here for a few hours, please make camp, treat the wounded and retrieve our guests' belongings from the school."

"Yes, milady it will be done."

"Bianca, please come with me, I would like to speak with you."

"Milady, what about me?" Nico asked politely.

She considered the boy - "Perhaps you can show Grover how to play that game of yours as a favour to me?"

Grover just about tripped over himself getting up. "You bet, come on Nico!"

Artemis swore to herself if Pan was ever found she was going to have some words with him regarding the infatuation the satyrs had towards her.

Speaking of the satyr, right as the wind shifted, he suddenly stopped and turned to Percy Jackson.

"Um, Perce. I can smell another monster here."

That had gained the attention of Artemis - "What do you mean Grover? What do you smell?"

"I don't know I-it's scent, it is different from what I smelled before." Grover was nervous and it showed in his voice.

"Describe it." She ordered the satyr as she signalled her hunters to be ready.

This took Grover a few minutes to find the suitable description and Skye were growing worried.

"It reeks of fur and forest, with a metallic note to it... there is more I cannot pick up on, but it is mixed with the smell of a human."

"Fur and metallic... no it can't be - we thought he faded ages ago." Artemis was worried if it is what she thinks it is then they will have a difficult time killing it.