Ten

The next morning the group found the group at the edge of the yard of the god's junkyard, after being warned extensively by Zoe about the dangers and potential death that was waiting for them within the yard.

Walking into the yard, Skye felt instinctively that something strange was about to happen. It was as if they would find something or someone that was always very near to her heart.

Skye refused to let her guard down as she walked within the middle of the group, she knew instinctively to be alert for any kind of danger to herself or her friends. She was in a more beast-like state, the conversations around her became background noise which she ignored, this state allowed her to be at her highest awareness, in this state she could protect her family and friends easier.

There were pillars on pillars of old car parts such as wheels and other junk you would always find in a junkyard, but what made this yard different from a normal mortal junkyard was all the pillars of different weapons, which ranged from classic swords to exotic arms like staff weapons with barbs, and occasionally, you would find a defective magical automaton.
It was near the end of the yard in some sort of clearing that was free of scrap metal that Skye's sharp senses warned her of danger, opening herself up to the feelings around her, she zeroed in on Bianca. The younger girl was in a sort of trans, she was bending over with her arm stretched out reaching for a small shining figurine.

"BIANCA!!" Skye yelled, hoping to break her out of her trans and warn her of the danger that was about to hit them.

But her warning came too late. Bianca already had her fingers closed around the miniature statue. Taking it with her Bianca stood up and looked at Skye with a question on her face.

"What?" Bianca asked just as the world around them erupted into chaos.

At that very moment, Skye heard what seemed like thousands of trash compactors crushing metal.

Trying to pinpoint where the sound came from, Skye whirled around and found a huge dangerous problem.

Behind them, they found the mountain of scrap metal boiling and rising. Then what seemed like ten toes tilted over. What rose from the pile of metal junk was a bronze giant in full Greek armour.

It was impossibly tall as it towered over the group. The giant gleamed wickedly in the light. He looked down with his deformed face, trying to pinpoint the demi-god that stole from the yard.

"Talos!" Zoe gasped.

"Who is Talos?" Percy asked as he slowly drew out his sword.

"One of Hephaestus's creations," Thalia informed him.

"Yes, but this giant is not the original one, it is too small. This is a prototype, a defective model." Annabeth added to Thalia's answer.
Apparently, the giant did not like being called defective.

"INVADERS'' The giant boomed as he moved one hand to his sword and drew his weapon. The sound it made as the sword was removed from its sheath was unbearable, it was like metal scraping against other metal. The giant's blade was about a hundred feet long, it was rusty and dull looking, but that did not matter as this sword could easily land a killing blow with ease.

"RUN!" A voice roared. 'Great advice.' Skye thought yet it was hopeless. The giant might be slow but with his giant feet, he could easily catch up to them.

They all split into different directions hoping to confuse the huge monster. Skye truly hoped that this would work, not wanting to lose anyone in this battle.

~~~~~~~~

Lyra took a few moments looking around before an ear-piercing scream shattered the quiet atmosphere. Shifting to Padfoot, Lyra took off to find where and who screamed in such a panic.