The First Generation: Part Two

As Paul and Johnny hiked the Albino Peaks that Saturday afternoon, a strange old woman passed them by, and gave them a warning.

"Well, well, both lads are taking themselves on an adventure! But be warned, the mountains have a secret no one had dared to recover. And if they dare, only the worthy will reap of its power! But beware too, the power will also have its consequences, so good luck!", the old hag laughed as she walked away and disappeared in the thick fog.

The twins began to worry about what the old woman had told them. But nevertheless, they went on to the trek to Crystal Peak.

The Crystal Peak contained an ancient artifact, though to be from an alien civilization, placed deep in a  cave not far from the summit. Numerous climbers have dared to retrieve this relic, yet to no avail. It seemed that these gems are bonded to the metallic rocks that held them.

The twins have not yet visited the cave, therefore this will be their first time to climb and attempt to retrieve the crystals. They thought to sell them for their college fund.

As they arrived at the cave at sunset, a strange pair of lights glowed from deep in the cave. As nobody was around them at that moment, they went inside to follow the lights that glowed blue and red.

As Paul and Johnny walked deep into the cave, the blue and red lights grew brighter and brighter. Soon, they approached the depths of the cave where they saw the Blue Gem and the Red Gem.

"Johnny, these are difficult to take away," told Paul, "are you even crazy to even dare to get them?"

"C'mon Paul, you're too logical!", exclaimed Johnny, "Why not we grab them and let's see!"

They touched the gems with their bare hands. Paul took the Blue Gem; Johnny took the Red Gem. As soon they lifted their arms, the gems came off their metallic pedestal. 

All of a sudden, flashes of light spread through the cave. The ground shook, as the gems released a mysterious power over the twins.

Then, Paul and Johnny experienced an immediate transformation. Paul felt a surge of electricity through his body, his skin turned into a bright blue tinge, his hair glowed like the sun. Johnny, meanwhile, felt his muscles get stronger, his hands turned red hot, and his hair set ablaze like fire.

As they settled down, they saw the gems turned into necklaces, bearing their new names: Paul was named Elektro, and Johnny was named Pyro.