The Third Generation: Part Two

Luke and Kaito arrived at the complex. Luke, knowing that his buddy Kaito knows his thing on blades, handed him a balisong, a butterfly knife gifted to him by his Maharlikan foster parents.

"It's tiny! Are you sure about this?" asked Kaito.

"I know you need that. It's dangerous in there. Good luck, pare!", told Luke.

They then went separate ways.

Luke saw the henchmen that are holding hostage his loved ones in the mall's atrium. At that minute, the henchmen fired their weapons against Luke but could not shoot him; he is just too fast and agile for the bullets to even pass his body. His jumps are too high that even their sophisticated aerial drones could not target him. 

Luke pounced, kicked, and smashed the gunmen out of the way, until no one was left standing. He then rescued his family and fellow athletes out of the complex. Outside, everyone hugged the young Luke, knowing that they were safe from danger.

Meanwhile, Kaito saw the event hall full of tied-up people crying for help. Suddenly, the leader of the syndicate, Jake Crusher, appeared to him and warned of a bomb that will explode in 30 minutes - unless he is defeated, or he is able to defuse the bomb. Appalled by the seemingly tricky decision, Kaito chose to do both – defuse the bomb and defeat Jake. 

Armed with only a tiny balisong from Luke, he engaged a fight with the larger, more muscular Jake, while using his enhanced senses to find and defuse the bomb. Jake tried in his full strength to put Kaito down, but it came to a surprise that the puny-looking man had superhuman strength; his kicks and punches penetrated to his bones and hurt his body, disabling him. Finally, Kaito was able to slash the wires that deactivated the bomb and defeated Jake with a shiv to the belly. 

He then freed all the people in the event hall, and they applauded him for the heroic act.

Commander Dave and Doctor Tyler witnessed the celebration, and as the crowd faded away, they approached the two young men. 

"Gosh, that was some serious fightin' you got in there," said Commander Dale, "you surely impressed us."

Dr. Tyler added, "But what impressed us the most is your commitment to change. Sure, you got your flaws, but dear, the way you saved these people surely delighted the hearts of many. Boy, you downed those twats up the bum."

However, both Luke and Kaito knew the time of their idols are almost over. Dale and Tyler called up their wives Tabitha and Sabrina.

"You know, lads," said Tyler, "all of us are special in our own way. My wife knows it. She loved me because of how special I am, but also how broken I was having gone through all those battles in the past."

"Sure thing, Doc," said Dale, "and that is why, as we pass on our gems to you, you must know the responsibility that comes with being the Blue Warrior and the Red Fighter. You must have the courage, the love, and especially your faith. Keep that in mind."

"Our time is almost done," said Tyler, "We will leave this Earth now as we become Templars of the Gems." 

"But our legacy will never die," added Dale, "because our wives will keep our memories here on Earth. Listen to their advice."

Dale and Tyler removed their gems. With tears flowed from their eyes, Luke and Kaito took the Blue and Red Gem, respective. Dale and Tyler declared Luke a Blue Warrior, and Kaito as the Red Fighter. 

Afterwards, Dave and Tyler gave their last earthly breath and transformed into their glorified Templar forms, much to the awe of Luke and Kaito, and drew the other people around them into tears.

"It's your time, Luke and Kaito," told Tabitha. 

"As you wear your gems," says Sabrina, "you will be transformed to your heroic form."

As the gems were worn, Luke transformed into Maliksi, the man of exquisite agility, and Kaito transformed into Kensho, the master of swords.

Soon the men shall conquer the pockets of evil emerging from across the world.