Chapter 7: Menagerie

Adam's POV

Another boring day. I still can't believe  that woman came back and put Sienna off her throne so easily. It ruined my plans for the future, and the chances of me ever getting that spot back for myself is damn near impossible.

Flashback a few days before the surprise assault...

I was currently speaking to Sienna, I was suggesting we investigate a sudden rise in Grimm activity in the Forever Falls. I was out one day and I was suddenly passed up by a herd of Beowolves running from something. And seeing creatures with no souls running in fear was a frightening thing.

"I propose you check it out with the assistance of some White Fang soldiers. And I'd say you take a good few of them if the Grimm are running away." I would narrow my brows under my mask as I let out a long and annoyed sigh, "Very well. Why don't you send some of your competent soldiers as well?".

She just stared at me, as if telling me to make do with what I have at my disposal. She truly was a pure pain in my ass. But as I was getting up, a soldier suddenly busted through the doors in panic, "Intruders! They're killing us like we're ants! We must get the Queen to safety!" Sienna quickly stood up with a rather pissed off expression.

Not even seconds after, the giant doors become covered in smoke as larg cracks split the ground. I had to jump away to avoid falling in one of them. Sienna Khan was knocked down off her feet by the sudden blow to the door and breaking of the ground.

"What the hell was that?" I muttered to myself as I waited for he smoke to clear. As it cleared, I seen a short woman with white and red hair. Her eyes a rather attractive blue color. But what caught my attention was two enormous claws that rivaled anything I've ever seen before.

 But what caught my attention was two enormous claws that rivaled anything I've ever seen before

Behind her entered a few other women, and what looked to be soldiers. Some of them had a red dot on their uniforms with what looked like rays. Others had a red, white, and blue looking flag. And the ones that were most present were ones with a red circle and a black symbol in the middle.

As the throne room guards proceeded to try and attack them, they were shot once before falling dead. Almost like their bullets had pierced right through aura like it was non-existent. Ignoring the guards I redirected my attention to a dark skinned woman, she had the body of a model, but she was a faunus like me. She seemed to be a snow leopard faunus, one of the rare faunus I've barely seen before.

Accompanying her was an even shorter woman with what looked to be fox ears, she wore a read dress and had shrine maiden ornaments in her hair. Another lady was very tall with blonde hair and carried a red flag with the same symbol as the largest amount of soldiers. Another tall woman had white hair and wore black and white with a black coat that barely hung to her body properly, she also had a bow.

 Another tall woman had white hair and wore black and white with a black coat that barely hung to her body properly, she also had a bow

The faunus who seemed to be the leader of the bunch kept approaching Sienna, avoiding the giant cracks in the ground, "Sienna Khan, I demand you step down from your position as Queen, or I will remove you myself

The faunus who seemed to be the leader of the bunch kept approaching Sienna, avoiding the giant cracks in the ground, "Sienna Khan, I demand you step down from your position as Queen, or I will remove you myself." The older feline would growl at the other, upset at the proposal. But within a blink of an eye, the former Queen was grabbed and thrown away towards me, rolling to a stop at my feet as she winced and attempted to stand.

As I went to draw my sword I was kicked across the room into the wall, coughing up blood as I impacted the wall only for the blood to practically dissolve thanks to my aura. As I look to see who had kicked me, I see it was the white haired woman. Her eyes glowing a golden color unlike before. Staring into them... it for some reason filled me with a sense of fear. Like something worse than death was embracing my body.

I simply dropped my weapon and fell down to my knees. "Adam Taurus, I see you haven't aged a day since I last saw you." I looked up to the throne where that same snow leopard faunus stood, she was staring at me with a deathly gaze.

Current time...

I would sigh as I keep walking, looking out to the waters surrounding the island warships that looked slightly less modern than Atlas' ones sat idle. It was just ships upon ships as far as the eyes can see. But I think they belong to the strange looking women. Because one moment their sitting on the water and within a flash of blue they have giant cannons and strange machines on their backs.

There's no doubt Atlas has noticed the sea of machines. Then again, we do have that Ironwood fuck captured. But I haven't been told a single thing on what's happening. All I know is that Y/n used to be a student of Beacon, and now she controls what looks to be an army of a world.

Blake's POV

I was currently sitting in a cafe here in Vale, Yang and Weiss were also here. As they spoke with eachother, I simply minded my own business. I wanted to know where the boys had vanished to, because the night before I woke up with a headache I remember gazing at a sky filled with lights. Next thing I knew I was waking up in my bed.

"Hey Blake." I ignored Yang, "Blake you should see this. It's your home." My ears twitched under my bow as I looked up and directed my attention to the television. My eyes widened as I seen Menagerie, it was surrounded by strange looking machines. But they looked older than Atlas vehicles.

I quickly got up and ran out the door. I needed to go check on my mom and dad.

To be continued...

Hello~! I hope everyone's doing alright! I kind of just wanted to get a chapter out there and progress the story further. But I didn't know how so I thought I'd kind of give some context on why Roman, Neo, and all of them were working under Y/n.

But now, Blake is going to discover a horrifying truth~

Well I love you all and I'll see you next chapter~! ♥️🖤♥️🖤♥️🖤