fifteen

11 months later

"what do you mean?" i took a step closer to jungkook, anger flaring in my chest.
"y/n." he sounded frustrated as he took a couple steps back, rubbing his hands over his face.
"what the fuck are you playing at, jungkook? there's no way i'm going to let you go without me."
he exhaled a deep sigh as he looked me dead into my eyes.
"and there's no way i'm going to let you come with me. drop it." his voice had a stern tone to it; wanting to end the conversation.
but i persisted.

"i'm one of the best members you have, jungkook. if you're going to attack the enemy mafia again, you need as much backup as you can get and i can help you with that."
this is ridiculous. jungkook is planning to attack them hopefully for the last time, and he's going to bring as many mafia members he has.
everyone except me.
"we all know what happened last time i went." his voice began raising.
"last time i went, i lost my fucking best friend. there's no way i'm going to risk losing you either."

realization flooded my entire body. i stayed silent as jungkook and i just stared at each other, his chest rising and falling in an attempt to calm himself down.
he isn't doing this to annoy me, or because he doesn't trust me.
he's doing this because he wants to protect me.
i walked over and jungkook. his head leaned downwards to face mine. his eyes were sincere, holding apologies and vulnerability.
"please," i took both his hands in mine.
"please promise me you'll be careful."

"i'll try my best. i promise." he pressed his forehead against mine.
i leaned my head upwards and gave jungkook a gentle kiss, before taking him into an embrace, which he accepted graciously.
he goes off tonight.
and i seriously don't know what i would do with myself if that is the last time i see him.
i'm just going to let him hold me,
to cherish me,
to love me,
for possibly the last time.

because this isn't any mission.
the last time jungkook attacked the enemy mafia, they slaughtered him and his team, taking away so many people's lives, including jungkook's best friend's. who knows how powerful they grew over the past months?
jungkook once told me his main goal was to take down the entire enemy. to fucking destroy them. that way he can truly avenge the death of his best friend.
and he's attempting to do that for the second time tonight.

and the only thing i can do is pray he comes home.

that night

"i love you. stay safe, okay?" jungkook pecked my lips in response.
"i will. i love you."
i glanced at yoongi and jimin. we were all standing in the living room, saying our goodbyes.
i made my way over to my two best friends and embraced both of them, tightly.
"you two better watch your asses, okay?" i said once i pulled away.
jimin snorted. "the difference between how you talk to us and your boyfriend baffles me."
yoongi gave me a gentle smile. "we'll take care. you should too."

all three of them were dressed like fucking agents. guns hanging from their covers on both sides of their pants, a knife in their back pocket and more supplies to defend and protect themselves.
jimin, yoongi and jungkook began walking towards the building's front door, before they all stepped out and left, not forgetting to smile at me before turning away.
i felt a dull feeling in my chest the second they were out of my sight.

god, i hope they'll be okay.

a couple hours later

i got up from my bed which i have been laying on for hours in pure worry.
it's almost 4 in the morning now. jungkook and his team spent a whole 4 hours outside and they're still not back.
what if something happened to him?
my eyes began to sting just by the thought of jungkook not being okay, and me not being able to do anything about it.
my bedroom door was slammed open. i jumped in surprise, before looking at the person who was now standing at the doorway.

jimin stood there. small amounts of blood were scattered in his clothes. he had multiple injuries over his entire body.
but what surprised me were his quivering lips and glistening eyes.
i walked towards him immediately. this is an awful way to greet someone again after their potential death.
"it's jungkook." his voice was quiet and shaking.
i felt goosebumps captivate my entire body. i resisted the urge to collapse due to the weakening feeling that rushed over me.

"wh- what happened-"
"he was merciless, y/n. so fucking merciless. he didn't even stop for one second, he fully attacked the enemy without thinking once about how it may affect him." jimin looked down, tears streaming down his cheeks.
"but we won. that's the only good news. the second we got home, which is just now, jungkook collapsed."
jimin took a deep breath, before a sob escaped his lips. he forced himself to speak.

"i don't think he has a pulse, y/n. i don't think he has a fucking pulse."

yeah..

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING THIS EARLIER. i have an explanation.

i originally had all my wattpad works available on instagram (you can still find me, @/dejafics) but i moved some of it here for wattpad users.
i closed my instagram account in april of 2020 and I COMPLETELY forgot that i hadn't finished this story yet, despite it already having an ending.

please accept my apology. i am currently uploading all the final chapters now. i know it has been a year but for those who have somehow stuck for this far, i hope you don't kill me for this lol

please enjoy. take care :)