Prologue

No one's POV

"No. No. You're not making me do this."

"It's called a dare for a reason."

"But seriously? You can't make me embarrass myself in front of strangers like regular dares?"

"That's something you would do."

Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle stared daggers at each other as the rest of the Equestria Girls looked on uncomfortably. 

"Uh..." Pinkie Pie tried to think of something. "Hey, how about we do something else?"

"Only when Twilight agrees to take back the dare," Rainbow Dash huffed. 

"Nope," Twilight smirked. "You're doing the dare."

Sunset Shimmer couldn't help herself but to start laughing. 

"So you're saying this was how I could get her to read?" she wiped a tear from her eye. "This is amazing!"

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, muttering stuff under her breath. 

"You're seriously not gonna make me read, are you?" she turned to Twilight. 

"Every page, every word," Twilight grinned, handing Rainbow Dash the book, who stared at the cover, unimpressed. 

"What's thing thing even about?" Rainbow Dash asked

"There's something called a back cover with the basic plot," Twilight shrugged. 

"Why are there five books in this thing?" Rainbow Dash asked

"Why are there five books in this thing?" Rainbow Dash asked. "And seriously? Is every female main character named Sophie?"

(She only said that because once, for a class reading assignment, they had to read five chapters in the book School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani, and one of the main characters was named Sophie. And another time, they had to read part of a book called Maybe This Time by Kasie West, and the main character was a Sophie) 

"Well..." Twilight pursed her lips. "There's eight, plus a novella and a guide to the Lost Cities, called book 8.5, and they're coming out with a book 9 later this year."