Chapter 2: the siege of Quetzla

Quetzla, Vierentria

1400 hours

Those lizardmen forces that have been sending forward to investigate the gate, all of them are decimated or retreated. as they fight much of the legionaries, with their power. Along with 3 triceratopses were all fallen, and the pteranodon is being bested by the wyvern.

Despite the lizardmen are unprepared for this. The Saderan are preparing to mount a siege to the city. then the lizardmen make ready and mount up its defense. as one messenger skink, have arrived and warned the rest of the army in the city, and told the other that was no combatant to leave the city or fight for it.

Lord Krakqakot decided to stay for a while and fight the enemy. if this city is futile, he might have to retreat, back. as he might need to report further to the capital or further neighboring city about these foreign invaders that come from a white structure, that could possibly build by the humans. although the structure mysteriously appeared, is what confused him.

As a Cuatl, he might be ready to unleash his magic against his enemy. so he might be fighting in this place for a while, if the result goes bad, he has to retreat and return once. he will have to return to the great capital known as Itza. he will have to retreat there and tell the great Cuatl what has just happened to his city. along with trying to convince them before they begin their barbaric conquest of the entirety of Vierentria.

Lord Krakqakot needs to tell the cuatl council. as they are at the top of making decisions. as this one is a far stranger invasion that has come out of nowhere. as if they are not making the decision to counter the invasion, then after Vierentria, the whole world could be in danger of their threat then. so he must tell them, in order for more reinforcement to be sent to liberate Quetzla and drive the invader back to the GATE. this is all he had been planning, while the Saderan is preparing the siege equipment.

So all is set. with Lord Kraqakot, is waiting in the city park, along with several Saurian temple guards guarding him, and a few squads of gators. thought he knew he had flaws and decided to order these armies to guard the wall. so only a handful of gators are the one that is guarding him now. he had a triceratops that is ready on the north gate, in order for him to escape from this city's safety if his forces have a bad performance in the battle.

Meanwhile, in the temple city wall

In the South wall of the city and the west. all of the defenders are ready. as they were assigned on. along with a defense tower too. somehow in the South wall, the lizardmen begin seeing a sign of Saderan wyvern, as they are about to survey the area.

"Looks like we find the enemy flying dragon, or whatever it is, either its a wyvern or not. well, we find their flying unit and they are about to begin attacking our wall." a saurian temple guard said, as he saw a flying beast in the distance.

"Blowpipes fire!" the skink captain ordered the chameleon and skink with a blowpipe to open fire at the many wyvern riders.

"Looks like they will be unable to reach this wall, with a number of poison darts we shoot on that little dragon." a chameleon said, as he begins to open fire again to the incoming wyvern.

The wyvern begins to get in combat, as the chameleon was thought to camouflage themselves, just to confuse the wyvern. then suddenly a surprise has come, that it forces them to enter in combat with the lizardmen. a chameleon blowpipe has a sort of poison in it, as the wyvern that is about to charge towards the defenders.

The elite temple guard begins to go into action, as there is around 10 Saderan wyvern begin to charge through the wall, as their rider, begin to attack the defender with their lance, along with their wyvern begin eating and charging at the defenders. With the wyvern is not flying, the lizardmen take an action, and subdue the wyvern, along with it kill it, by the chameleon using their poisonous sharp darts, and then use their blowpipe to fire it to the neck of the wyvern. which after many shot of poison darts hit the wyvern, it begins to kill the wyvern in the process, as the poisoning just get worst, the more darts hits the wyvern.