Chapter 9: consequences

The imperial command, cannot believe what they have seen. after seeing the memories from the chameleon they have found. many are terrified of the response they receive, from what they have seen of the true might of the lizardmen. at first many even thought this was just a cheap trick and refused to believe it. but as they probed more minds of prisoners, they soon found out it is no trick, mostly some of these do learn their history lesson, now they are arguing of how to deal with this new worsening situation, as they knew a part of the lizardmen history of their past, and what kind of enemy they used to fight off and they knew the fate of those who dare to invade them, and how they are ended up.

For the magic of the cuatl, checking it again. and again, despite none could believe that such a race have such powerful magic that could kill way many people and also destroy a settlement. which is something they dismiss as a trick. along with such destructive magical device, that could spat such destruction and summon a light of destruction from the heavens above. nevertheless, they will continue the fight, as they believe their magic will fall and they still believe that they could still beat them in this war.

many of them wanted to continue the fight, while a few others want to retreat beyond the gate and close it as soon as possible, as they do not want to be next in the grave from the many invaders that they used to put in their past history. the ones that wised to fight thought it would bring dishonor and shame on them and their family to retreat from the conquest.

"Have you gone mad Formal?" Calasta yelled at the count." We can't retreat to these cowardly savages demihumans? you saw those visions yourself, they have absolutely no honor. just like other savages demihumans, we must make them all kneel to us."

"Do you have brain Calasta!?" Formal replied as he tried to be reasonable." these demihumans are far more powerful and far stronger than us, our only hope is to retreat with whatever we have, or we will share the same fate as those people that try to invade their land!"

"You must be joking right?" Tiberius laughed." we have far more army than they do. hell, they have no capability to stop us from occupying this land further, and holding everyone that is alive here hostages."

"And with three whole legions on their way to that city, we can capture that place and its soldier that give up. with them, we can torture the information further we need from them. they'll teach us to use and make this strange wooden stick, along with the mages unlocking the new magic of this otherworlder. thus giving us an advantage over these demihumans." Said Servius as he review the map, and pointing where the legions are going on next.

"It will take a long day under a quick march to reach that city, unfortunately, they will have to watch out for any hostile animals or trapped that these cowardly demihumans have set to them." Septimius said sourly."  while our wyvern will reach that city anytime soon. but there are only 20 of them, will do the job. we have to use the wyvern wisely here. as their loss is going to increase. the rest of the wyvern corps now is joining with the main force to move forward to their main capital here, time is of the essence we are here to bring glory for our Emperor.

Our army will reach the capital on both east and west road, with almost all of its city is conquered. some of our wyvern 10 of them, will make way for our navy to arrive at their coast in the south, which these scaly demihumans called it, the western ocean. with that is done, we must capture anything useful that the enemy does possess which can to help us understand our enemy."Septimius said as he point where the wyvern going to go on the map of Vierentria from their current position now. which is the coastal city which is known to be its summer resort where Lord Kraqakot use to reside on.

"I may have a solution that could help us survive and win  this fight." Godasen said as he finished interrogating another saurian that survived the fight."The government of these demihumans is a sort of caste system. from what I learn, that most of the top of the caste is the big frog, that possesses such powerful magic power, they are the ones who ruled the race of the reptilian on this world. so that means we might put, remember the native in this world here d is know how to fight. they protect their great frog leader from any harm at all when it was threatened, as they are the ruler of all of them. common rabbles like the three of these race are not going to work that easily, as they knew they know how to fight their way."