o

"i'm lonely, yeah if only, i could text you,"

here it was.

awsten stood in front of what used to be the books n' crannies bookstore in brooklyn. if he asked anyone, they probably wouldn't know about it, but awsten held it close to his heart. the once small, warm, cozy family owned shop was replaced with a new apartment building. another tale of the online shopping world overtaking small businesses.

he looked at it and weakly smiled.

it was only a few years prior that he first encountered the store. same scenario, different context.

awsten couldn't quite fathom moving on, leading him to make it a tradition to visit the site every time he stopped in new york.

he took in a sharp inhale of the bitter city air. it stung his lungs just as it did the first time he stepped foot on this pavement. the wind nipped his exposed nose, making the pale pigment a more blushed shade.

it didn't take much for the man to remember how the store used to look. the window in the front used to have christmas trees in it, and the orange-yellow glow of the light from inside leaked to the pavement in front. he remembered how the store smelled of fresh books and pine.

he chuckled at the thought of his first visit to the location. the idea of buying travis, one of his best friends, his own book was hilarious. the cashier even thought so.

awsten's weak smile dropped to a frown. the events of the year prior made his heart sting and his stomach churn. nothing was going to make that memory easier, but at least he could think of it without panicking. a stray tear rolled down his cheek, warming his face briefly in the process. he bit his lip holding back a sob.

after closing his eyes, awsten took a deep breath, attempting to calm himself. he opened his eyes, hoping to find the store there again, maybe his lavander hair would return and maybe everything would be okay again.

once his vision cleared, he unfortunately found the brick apartment building sitting there, untouched. his hair was still a rainbow hue, and his life was still in the lull it had been in for the past year.

he realized how long he'd been standing there and wiped his face. awsten sniffled and looked around, bringing himself back to reality. he would have to return to the bus soon or his bandmates would worry. they knew where he was if he didn't return, but to them, awsten's life seemed to have lightened in recent months. he didn't want them to see that he didn't make any emotional progress thus far.

awsten blinked at the building. the weak grin snuck onto his face once more as he looked at it one more time.

"goodbye, morgan. i love you."

hi lovelies!

hi lovelies!

welcome to december.

warning you !
youre gonna hate me.

anyway! gloom knows this plot but is so fucking excited its making my night so much easier. fuck man i hate nights alone. ANYWAY.

SO I MENTIONED THAT AWSTEN DOES THIS EVERY TIME HE COMES TO THE CITY.

CAN YOU IMAGINE LIVING IN AN APARTMENT ACROSS THE STREET AND SEE THIS MAN EVERY FEW MONTHS JUST SHOW UP WITH A DIFFERENT HAIR COLOR AND STARE AT THIS BUILDING FOR LIKE. TEN MINUTES?? YOU'D BE SO FUCKING CONFUSED.

anyway!!!

chapter one will go up soon if i have enough motivation.

drink water, get fucked,
love y'all!
-jenna <3