Preface and Author's Note

The irony of being asked to write about myself when I, myself, am a writer is something I don't think I'll ever comprehend without a chuckle.  Nevertheless, the idea that there is actually an audience that wants to hear about my life story is mind-boggling.  Wouldn't readers prefer to hear about some fantasical beast, or the mystery of an inexplainable murder, or even the struggles of an angsty teenager?  I was led to believe that they would, but I digress.

  Many of you know me as Dew, the author of the best-seller (as many refer to it as, I promise this is not my own wording) series 'Of Tomorrow.'   Well, I'm assuming you know of me; otherwise, why would you purchase this book?  Unless you're some middle school kid who was forced to choose this book for an autobiography report for English class.  In that case, I hope your stay isn't too bad.

  This memoir is dedicated to my hometown, Ferngrave, a quaint, low-populated area just off the tip of Illinois.  It is also dedicated to the many fellow Ferngravers that grew into adulthood alongside me.  Speaking of which, this book is titled as such, because most of my life occurred in that unknown crack of the country.  I am now a working woman in New York, living with my husband of four years.  If anyone had told me before that I would reach these heights of life, I would have called them crazy.  After all, I never envisioned myself as a writer.  Let alone, a successful one.  But I guess that's the story I am going to tell you.  So, without further ado, allow me to attempt to remember far, far back where it all began in the light district of Ferngrave.

  Author's Note: This idea has been at the back of my mind for the entirety of the summer.  A path woven through the life of a person who lived in a quiet town reminiscing on his childhood.  And, when I thought of the concept of adolescent memory and general feel-goodness, the characters that came to mind greatly mirrored the boys from the Kpop group, Seventeen.  Because of this, the story will revolve around a girl, who will be Korean-American for the sake of the flow of the story, who goes through the ups-and-downs of childhood, teenhood, and adulthood.  Of course, I will add some girl groups into the story at some points, because I feel as if both male and female side characters bring out interesting dynamics.  The following girl groups will have members included into the story: the now disbanded Gfriend, the now disbanded I.O.I, the now disbanded Pristin.  As for Seventeen members, the story will mostly focus on the '96, '97, and '98 liners (basically the members in the middle when it comes to age), namely Wonwoo, Mingyu, Seungkwan, and DK.  I'm hoping to go far for this project, so I'm praying for support from readers!  Depending on the popularity of this book, I may allow for voting polls to decide the fate of the reader's character.  I think that's pretty much all I have to say for briefing; I hope you enjoy this story!