aether - memories (angst)

SPOILER WARNING ;; i mention things from the 'we will be reunited' quest, so if you haven't finished the quest yet just a heads up ^^ i dont wanna spoil it for anyone 

aether sat on the rooftop of wangshu inn, relaxing after having finished his commissions. all the work he did all day was exhausting, and he was grateful to be able to catch a break and relax alone. 

at least when he was busy in battle or running errands for others, he would be too focused on other things to think about how lonely and empty he felt inside. how he longed to take a break and continue his quest to reach the end of his journey and go home with his sister, but every time he set off he would only be stopped by someone else asking for a favor, and he didn't want to turn them down. it was almost like his job now, after all. 

he sighed, hugging his knees to his chest. he remembered his early days of sword fighting, sparring with lumine. he remembered when he and his sister hopped from world to world freely. he remembered watching the unknown god take her away from him right before his eyes, trapping him in this world. he remembered seeing lumine with the abyss herald, disappearing into the portal before he could reach her. 

tears formed in his eyes, blurring his vision. he felt so alone, even though he was surrounded by many people who cared about him. On top of loneliness, the reality that his own twin is the leader of the enemy was crushing him. he snapped himself out of his thoughts, shakily sitting upright. 

he remembered lumine comforting him every time he was sad by whispering reassuring words to him, braiding his hair, always managing to make him laugh somehow, hugging him tight as he drifted off to sleep. 

aether smiled at the memories that replayed in his mind, gazing out into the night sky. although his memories made him miss her more, they were ultimately what was keeping him going. 

he knew that one day he would reach the end of his journey like his sister had.

he knew that one day they would finally be reunited. 

he just had to take it one day, one step at a time.

i havent been feeling great lately so this is kind of like a vent i wrote at 1am aha-

anyways im working on writing the suggestions i got, stay tuned for those :D

hope everyone has a great day/night remember to stay hydrated ^^

- ari