xingyun - glaze lily (angst + fluff)

suggested by Xiaoxemo ty for the request !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

chongyun had always admired xingqiu. who wouldn't? xingqiu was perfect; skilled, intelligent, courageous, talented. they had first met when xingqiu's family met chongyun's father over some exorcism business and from then they had quickly become close friends, and xingqiu had become someone chongyun admired. chongyun was a bit older the day he and xingqiu were sitting in a field of glaze lilies, when he realised his childhood admiration for xingqiu was more than just that. the realisation somehow made his heart race and sink at the same time, as he knew xingqiu would never like him the same way, his hopes and dreams shattering completely as he remembered xingqiu telling him about his crush on some girl a few days before. he had spent that night alone in his room sobbing. the next morning, he felt as if something were in his chest, limiting his breathing slightly. assuming it was just because he had cried himself to sleep the night before, he ignored it. around a week later, it was only getting worse, and he knew what it was as soon as he coughed out a flower petal.

"oh..."

chongyun knew there were only two ways to get rid of the blossoms; one was surgery, one was if the feelings were returned. he knew if he wanted to ask his father if he could get the surgery, he would have to tell him that the one he loved was a boy, which was a conversation he definitely didn't want to have. he knew the other method to get rid of the flowers would never work, as he was positive xingqiu didn't see him as any more than a close friend. there was no way to get rid of the flowers, he would just wait for them to take his breath and life away.

the next day when chongyun went to run errands around liyue harbor, he saw xingqiu turning a corner and his heart fluttered with the sliver of hope still left. he sped up and turned the corner, prepared to greet his friend, when he saw... xingqiu was already occupied with xiangling, the girl xingqiu had mentioned he liked, walking in the opposite direction down the street with their backs to him. chongyun noticed xiangling holding a glaze lily; xingqiu's favourite flower. he bit his bottom lip to stop it from trembling, his chest feeling tight. he abandoned his errands and ran home. he was coughing up more and more flower petals every day and barely leaving his house, worrying his friends. he assured them it was just the flu, but he was worried he wouldn't be able to keep up the lie for that much longer before they grew suspicious.

a few days later, xingqiu had been so worried about chongyun to the point where he went up to his house. "yun? are you in there?" he asked, cursing himself that he sounded so desparate. the only response from inside was loud coughing. xingqiu flung the door open and rushed in, only to find chongyun kneeling on the floor, hands to his chest and neck, surrounded by flower petals. he coughed again, eyes glassy, and more flower petals coming out of his mouth. xingqiu kneeled on the floor beside him, holding his face in his hands gently.

"i-is this what i think it is?" he asked, lips quivering. chongyun looked away, not making eye contact with the navy-haired boy. xingqiu took that as a yes and sighed, bringing chongyun closer into a hug. chongyun melted into the embrace, emotions that he had forced away emerging as the memory of xingqiu and xiangling together from before replayed in his mind.

"who is it... that you love?" xingqiu asked softly, running his fingers through chongyun's hair. the tears in chongyun's eyes spilled over, streaming down his cheeks.

"it's...

...you."

the response was choked, inbetween sobs and gasps. xingqiu's jaw nearly dropped. him? "y-you love me?" he stammered, face turning a bit pink. chongyun nodded, looking both embarrassed and distraught at once, tears rolling down his cheeks from his sky-blue eyes. "i have for years, but i never told anyone because i knew you'd never like me back." he punctuated his sentence with a cough, two petals spilling from his mouth. xingqiu felt a pang in his heart. chongyun had been suffering.... because he was a coward. he took a deep breath.

"i'm so sorry you've had to go through this because of me, because i was scared..." he said, almost inaudible. chongyun looked puzzled and didnt respond; xingqiu took it as his cue to continue.

"i love you, yun, but i was scared of what others would think. what my family would think. i... persuaded myself i was just confused. i thought that maybe if i got with xiangling, i would realise i was just naive and wrong the whole time, but i wasn't wrong. i don't really love her, i love you, and i'm so sorry," he said, beginning to tear up. chongyun's eyes lit up with hope, tears continuing to fall. he didn't respond, only pulling xingqiu into a tight hug. xingqiu hugged him back. a second later chongyun gasped as he felt his chest lighten, like a million weights that had been crushing it had just been removed. the blossoms in his lungs were disappearing. xingqiu laughed, intertwining his fingers with chongyun's. chongyun gazed to the side to the ground littered with petals, realizing what flower they were.

"hey, these are glaze lilies."

OK SO I DONT RLLY KNOW HOW TO WRITE THIS KIND OF FIC-

i was pretty happy with it but lmk what you guys think ?????

anyways pls give me suggestions or requests my mind is blank aaaeaeae

im gonna try to write captivated by your song part 2 once i get iDeas

okok ty for reading hope you all have an amazing day/night :DD

- ari