Chapter 2

Draven

I tried to be patient with her but obviously she doesn't understand. That I have zero interest being with her. Hell at this point I don't want to know her. Rochelle has been obsessed with me thinking we are a couple for years. I had no choice, when Rochelle is yelling and makes a scene every time, I work with a horse that owner is a woman. It is just not worth it anymore. Rochelle thinks I am her boyfriend after one very drunk night we slept together. She had already set her eyes on me months beforehand, and I kept dodging her but after we slept together, she tried the fake pregnancy. I dragged her to the doctors even though she was against it, and it showed there was no baby. I was pissed and told her "We slept together once it doesn't mean anything, and I don't want anything to do with you. The fact you are so desperate and attempt to fake a pregnancy test is sad." She did not take the hint and that was six months ago. Then she had the audacity to say that we can always make a baby if that will make me stay. Like a baby is a purse not a living human being. But enough is enough.

I called my cousin Amanda a week ago, to see if I could stay with her until I found my own place. My folks both died a couple of years back in a car accident and only Amanda and her parents are left in our family. She had no problem with me coming to stay especially since Henry was going to be deployed soon. After I told her I would be there in a week and I hung up the phone.

It has been a week and now I am grabbing my bag and put it on the passenger seat of my truck. I am climbing into the driver seat of my truck. I hear "Draven, Draven wait where are you going?" I look and see Rochelle running towards me in her jean shorts that could be considered underwear and a crop top that stops right under her boobs. I sigh but get out of the truck and walk over to her. She tries to hug me, but I grab her wrists with my hands before she can touch me and put them back at her side. "Draven, are you leaving?" She asks while pouting thinking it looks nice but it doesn't. I nod my head, "Yes Rochelle you have made living here completely miserable."

"But you are my man and I shouldn't be ignored." She must think she is a princess and her shit don't stink.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair. "I am not your man, we had sex one night when I drunk. We have had this talk multiple times and you refuse to listen. You have left me with no choice. That is when she starts screeching, "NO YOU WILL NOT LEAVE ME. YOU ARE MY MAN AND WE WILL GET MARRIED." She tries to grab me, but I stop her hands again, one of my buddies, Hunter who is a bull rider comes over. He wraps his arms around her waist while she is thrashing around trying to get to me. She will not be able to get away from Hunter, he is built like an ox big and strong. He is very popular with the ladies, but he is loyal to his wife. He has jet black hair that is usually a bit messy, but he tells me the ladies say it looks sexy he told me winking with his hazel eyes.

"Go ahead man, I will deal with her. Take care of yourself." I nod at him and thank him; I quickly get in my truck, and I speed out of there. She is still trying to get out of Hunter's arms, "Draven wait for me! We need to be together!" She screeches, when he releases her, she runs after me but as I get further away, I watch as she stops and falls to the ground yelling and crying my name. I roll my eyes at her dramatics; I am so glad I am finally able to get away from her. Oh well, I am leaving now and that is all that matters.

I take a deep breath and am so glad to get away from her. I am sure she could be a nice woman, but she is too jealous and materialistic for me. I like my woman who likes to be adventurous and they enjoy the simple things in life but they have a mouth without a filter and most importantly a loyal woman. I think back to the feisty brunette who I would do anything to be with. I remember that terrible day when I was with Amanda when Nix called her saying she needed to go to the hospital. We had to break down the door because he barricaded the door so she could not get help. When I walked in, I saw her face and arms were covered in bruises and she was holding onto her stomach crying for us to save Arabella. She had lost so much blood from in between her legs that I instantly knew the chances of her daughter surviving were slim to none. I knew that was going to destroy her, and that the fact that her husband who is the father of her child killed her daughter. Seeing her like almost brought me to my knees but I pushed myself to be strong for her.