I feel dizzy

"Wh- where's Chan?" I repeat and Jeongin and Felix wrap me in a tight hug.

"Chan got caught making sure we all got out ok, he's stuck back there."

"No." I chuckle breathlessly, tears blurring my vision.

"I'm so sorry Ko." As soon as I feel Felix's tears in my shoulder, I break. The muscles of my chin tremble like a child as tears spill down my face relentlessly.

Just as I let out a loud sob, Hyunjin's monitor starts beeping and he starts to wake up. I wipe my face with my hands and turn to see him pulling out his IV drip and the other wires attached to him. I walk closer to the bed as Felix and Jeongin stop him from moving and get him to lay down.

"I've stitched up your wounds and I've already given you something to help with the pain but you probably have blunt thoracic trauma, which could've cause your blood vessels to tear and internal bleeding, so I'm going to need you to take off your shirt so I can check for ecchymosis. Do you feel lightheaded or dizzy?" I ask and the rest all stare at me blankly as Hyunjin listens.

"Yeah, I feel dizzy." He answers after he takes off his shirt to reveal a large area of deeply purple skin.

"I'm going to give you some general anaesthesia, then I'll make an incision along the rib cage so I can stop the bleeding and protect your lungs. It's a perfectly safe procedure called a Thoracotomy and you won't feel a thing." I say as I gather my equipment.

Before he can even answer I give him the anaesthesia and make the rest of the hybrids leave the room, telling them to just go home and that I'll bring Hyunjin back when it's safe to move him.