Quickly

Chan's hand finally falls from its previous place and I look up to his face to see him struggling to stay conscious. I look over at the others who stare back at me worriedly.

"I need someone to keep him occupied so he doesn't fall asleep." I tell them, as I'm turning back I see Chan with his eyes already closed and the rise and fall of his chest getting more and more subtle.

"Quickly!" I yell while patching up the rest of the wounds on his arms, he's going to have noticeable scars for a long time when these heal.

No one moves, they all just stand there watching me frantically run around the treatment room gathering what I need to amputate his ear.

"Ko, maybe you should take a break." Felix suggests. Why would he want me to stop treating Chan?

I look up at Felix and he give me a pitiful look so I let my gaze fall back down to Chan. I can't see his chest moving anymore but I didn't have the time to hook him up to a monitor so he's probably still breathing, just lightly.

I rush back over to him and start disinfecting what's left of his ear. Changbin walks beside me and puts a hand near Chan's face before walking back over to the others, giving Felix and Jeongin and suspicious look.

"Ko, we really think you should stop. Chan- he's already-"

"No. No, I can't stop. If I can just finish this then he'll be okay. Channie will be okay, right?"

I turn back to carry on treating Chan so I don't have to deal with their pitiful stares.

"He's not breathing Ko, stop." Someone wraps their arms around my waist and tried to pull me away from the table but I thrash in their arms so I can help Chan.

I escape and try to perform cpr but just as quickly as I was let go, I'm restrained again. I tell for Chan and to be let go but instead Felix and Jeongin just pull me into a tight hug on the floor.

"You can stop now Ko. He's gone." Felix says softly with clear hesitation in his voice.

He's not dead. I promised I'd protect him.

Channie can't be dead.