Chapter 1

This was your first time inside of Sir Integra Hellsing's office. Ever since you joined the Hellsing organization you had always anticipated your first meeting with the Leader. Being a part of the armed forces of the Organization you always admired Sir Integra's exceptional skills in decision making and armed combat. Under any other circumstances you would have felt honored to meet the woman you so secretly admired. However…

'Disobeying direct orders from your superior, opening fire without permission in the field of the mission and therefore risking the outcome of the entire operation is not something I had expected by studying your file prior to hiring you, (Y/N).'

The one person you respected most and whose validation you had so desperately worked to get now stood over you, listing the various errors you made on your last mission with her distinctive cold yet disciplinary tone.

'Having impressive qualifications as you do leaves no space for even the slightest lack of obedience in the line of duty. So, you do realize that I was taken aback when your report came in this morning.'

Her tall presence hovering over you, blue eyes that you couldn't dare to meet staring down at you, leaving you frozen and disappointed by your lapse in judgment.

'I'm sorry, Sir', you muttered trying to portray the soldier you were dressed to be. 'Forgive me for my inappropriate behavior. I can assure you, I will not be as foolish as to disregard your orders in the future'

You tried shifting your gaze up to meet hers. Her expression was collected despite the undoubtable anger racing through her body due to the near irreversible failure you caused.

'Of course not, (Y/N). I would not allow that.' Her words sharp and sending chills down your spine. 

'Thank you, Sir. Is there anything I can do to compensate for my past actions?'

The little courage you had built up crumbled as she sat up from her desk and made her way to the window behind it. She was tall, taller than you, her slim physique accentuated by her expensive pantsuit.

'What am I to do with you, (Y/N)?' she said laying next to the window,her gaze giving you the false impression that it was lost in the distance, when in reality her undivided attention was on you. 'Under different conditions I would have fired you, saving us both the trouble of having this conversation. Having observed your career both before and during your time working for me, however, I recognize that by letting you go I'd lose an important asset.'

Her last comment startled you. In no way had you expected that you had left an impression on Integra Hellsing so much that she had followed your performance as a part of her squad and even called you an 'asset '

'Oh?', you heard coming from her direction, 'You don't have anything to say for yourself?' Her words seemed to have a teasing way to them.

'I-I'm sorry, Sir. I appreciate your patience, Sir. I will do anything in my power to prove it to you, Sir'

A smirk being drawn in the corner of her lips, she shifted her eyes from the landscape below to you.

'That's what I wanted to hear.'

Before the sense of relief could settle into you she started making her way towards the side of the desk where you were seated. Standing high and mighty opposite you, you felt the sheer power of Integra looming over you.

'Stand up, soldier!' she ordered, raising her voice for the first during your meeting.

Startled by the unexpected change of formality, you did as she instructed.

'I may have given you a second chance considering your qualifications but do not think for one second that your actions will go without punishment.'