Chapter 15

Once breakfast had been cleaned up, y/n went upstairs to shower. She grabbed her bathroom necessities from her room and went down the hall to the bathroom. After she got out of the shower, she dressed and put her hair in a French braid. On her way back to her room, she tried to decide what to do. She could ask if anyone wanted to hangout but she didn't want to seem like a bother. However, she didn't have long to ponder because once she got back to her room and checked her phone she saw some missed texts.

Marinette

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone wanted to go to Andre's with me to check on him?

Alya

Yeah, girl! That sounds fun! I'm in

Nino

Sure dude

Mylene

Amazing idea, Marinette

Ivan

Sounds good

Luka

What time?

Adrien

I'll see if my Father will let me go

Max

Where should we meet up?

Y/n

I'm in

Marinette

Yay! Let's plan to meet at the park where we were last night around 1?

Everyone except Adrien, who was still waiting for a response from his dad, gave confirmation that they would be there. Y/n had 3 hours before she needed to meet up with them and decided to educate herself on Ladybug and Chat Noir and their story so that she didn't feel so out of place. She read a few articles which ranged from dictating the duo as heroes to claiming that they were just a bunch of kids wanting attention. Y/n rolled her eyes at the latter. She had seen the superheroes in action and knew that they had a real purpose and love for what they did. She eventually landed on a website called The Ladyblog. Discovering it was written by none other then Alya, Y/n became extremely interested and read through it.

After finishing the blog, Y/n felt very overwhelmed. It was crazy to think that there had been so much going on in Paris that she hadn't even known about. It made her wonder what else she might discover after living in Paris for a while.

????? Pov

"Sir, she has arrived."

"Yes, I am aware."

"What should we do?"

"Leave her be. She hasn't done anything of concern yet."

"But sir! If she were ever to discover-"

"She won't. And you will make sure of it."

"Me? Yes, sir..."

Third Person POV

Glancing up at the clock, y/n discovered that it had been two hours since she had made her plans. She decided to go inform her parents that she was leaving soon. I will also make my lunch while I am down there. She walked down the steps but paused when she heard the hushed voices of her parents. She couldn't catch words but the tone of the conversation seemed very tense. She walked into the kitchen and immediately caught the eyes of her parents.

They looked at her with such concern that it made the poor girl uncomfortable. Unable to take it any longer she blurted out "Will you please tell me what you are talking about? I swear if you tell us we are moving again or something like that I might actually explode!"

Taken back but not completely surprised by their daughters outburst the parents looked at her guiltily. "We aren't moving," m/n began. "But yesterday when you got snatched by that giant ice cream snowman thing it got us really thinking."

"It's not really safe out there," s/f/n took over. "We just want to keep you safe and so we have decided that for now you are not to go anywhere without one of us."

Y/n stared at them in disbelief. There was no way this was happening. She was able to handle herself and besides there was Ladybug and Chat Noir to protect the city. And that is exactly what she told her parents.

Her mom shot back with "But we can't be sure that they will always be able to protect you and besides we don't even know them. S/f/n and I were doing some research and they are only the same age as you! That doesn't mean they will always make the best decisions. So until more information is reported on these two "superheroes" you will always be with one of us. That is our final decision and it is either that or house arrest. It is your choice."

"But what about when school starts? Are you guys gonna babysit me there too? I'm 16 for goodness sake! I'm able to take care of myself!"

S/f/n replied with warning in his voice. "We will discuss school when it comes time for that but for now this is how it will be. I'm sorry, but we can't take any risks."

With an annoyed breath, Y/n exited the room and retreated back into her room. She picked up her phone and informed the group that she would, in fact, not be attending Andre's with them. One thing that did cheer her up though is that Adrien wouldn't be going either so she could finally talk to him about his whole "secret identity" thing.

She privately texted Adrien if she could call him. A few minutes later he responded with a thumbs up and she hit the call button. It started ringing...