Chapter 2

As (y/n) trudged home, she couldnt stop thinking about what had happened during lunch. Excited to tell her mom the news, she bolted up the two steps to the front door of her house. She slammed open the door, kicked off her shoes and followed the sound of her mom's voice into the dining room. The dining room table was covered in papers, which her mom was looking through.
"Oh!" Exclaimed (y/n)'s mom, "You're home. I didn't hear the door." "Guess what!" (Y/n) asked, bubbling with excitement. "Today I was as-" "Can it wait? I'm very busy right now." Explained her distracted mother. "Oh.... ok then" (y/n) agreed with a pout.

She went up to her room and layed down on her bed letting out a sigh. After laying in on her bed for a few minutes, (y/n) grabbed a book from her shelf and opened to the page she had left off. About an hour later a quiet knock was heard on her door. "Come in," she said, closing her book. The door opened revealing her step-dad.

"We are going out for dinner. Where would you like to go?" He asked. "(F/r)!" (Y/n) exclaimed without a second thought. Informing her that they would leave in 10 minutes, (y/n)'s step-dad closed the door, leaving (y/n) alone to get ready. Changing into a (s/f/c) shirt and jean shorts, she walked into her bathroom and put on a thin layer of makeup. Satisfied with her appearance, (y/n) put on her shoes and walked out the front door and joined her parents in the car.

-timeskip-

Walking into the restaurant, the overwhelmingly delicious aroma filled (y/n)'s nose. The waiter brought the family to a table and took their drink order. Even though (y/n) got the same thing every time she still picked up the menu and scanned the available dishes. When they had all decided what to eat, (m/n) asked (y/n) about her day. "Well...." (y/n) began, dragging out the word to add anticipation. "Today I was asked to-" "Here are your drinks" informed the waiter setting the drinks down in front of the family. (Y/n) internally groaned. "Are you ready to order?" The waiter inquired. After the orders had been placed, (m/n) once more asked her daughter what had happened that day. Not wanting to be interrupted for a third time that day, (y/n) quickly spit out.

"TodayatlunchKyleaskedmetothedanceonFriday!" (Y/n) gasped for breath. A flash of regret slid over her parents' faces but was quickly replaced with joy. "That's great, honey!" Her mom said with what sounded like forced enthusiasm.

"Honey...." (s/f/n) started slowly. "There is something your mother and I need to tell you." 'This doesn't sound good' thought (y/n), the smile slowly sinking into a frown.

"I got a business promotion," began (s/f/n). "That's great!" (Y/n) interrupted. "Ho-"

"Here are your meals. Enjoy!" The waiter told them, setting down there food in front of the correct costumer. (Y/n) started wolfing down the scrumptious dish, the savory goodness overwhelming her tastebuds.

For a few minutes, the family ate in silence. When the plates had been scraped clean, (s/f/n) began to talk once more.

"As I was saying before, I got a business promotion. However, to accommodate this new promotion we have to move.... to Paris." The last to words came out as barely a whisper.

(Y/n) sat there dumbfounded while the words circled around in her brain. move to paris. Move to Paris. MOVE TO PARIS! "MOVE TO PARIS! ARE YOU INSANE?"  The whole restaurant turned and stared at the girl who looked 15 but was acting a third of her age. "Calm do-" Her mother began.

"CALM DOWN!YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN? I HAVE A LIFE HERE! I AM NOT MOVING TO ANOTHER CONTINENT FOR YOUR STUPID JOB!" And with a final huff, (y/n) flew out of the restaurant.

-timeskip-

"-and then they just throw it on me that we are moving to Paris!" ranted (y/n) into the phone. "You're moving? To Paris?" Cried (b/f/n) on the other end of the line.

"I know! It's insane! I don't want to leave you!" Complained (y/n). "Maybe you can talk your step-father out of taking the promotion?" (B/f/n) said, trying to find a solution.

"Too late." Said (y/n) in defeat. She heard muffled talk on the other end of the phone. "I'm so sorry to leave you in your hour of need but my mom says I have to help her with dinner. Call me if you need anything!" (B/f/n) said goodbye and hung up.

(Y/n) looked around at the park she had escaped to after hearing the dreadful news. I wonder if they have such beautiful parks in Paris, thought (y/n). Paris! Why couldn't it have been somewhere closer? I finally get to go to a dance with Kyle and now we are moving! It's like some dramatic book or something! I wish I cou-

Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice yelling "DUCK!" However, too overcome with emotion to process the simple command, (y/n) turned around and saw a tennis ball flying right towards her head. Without thinking, her hands flew in front of her face, more to protect herself then to catch the ball. Suddenly, (y/n) felt a thud on the palm of her hand.

"Good catch." Complimented a familiar voice. With dread, (y/n) looked up and right into the eyes of the one person she didn't want to see right then; Kyle.

"Oh! (Y/n), are you okay?" Asked the athletic boy. "You look flustered."

"I-I'm okay," (y/n) stuttered unconvincingly. "No you're not. What's wrong?" Kyle asked worriedly. "I-I- I'm moving to Paris." She could no longer hold the tears back.

A/n: How did you guys like the second chapter? How do you think Kyle is going to take this news? See you in the next chapter -Tabby.