Chapter 3

A/n: This chapter is probably going to be a bit shorter then the other 2 which were 1,000 words each(!). Hope you enjoy!

Kyle sat there, staring at (y/n) in disbelief. "Paris?" He asks as if he heard wrong. (Y/n) nods and wipes her tears.

"When do you leave?" Kyle asked. When do we leave? Maybe it won't be until after the dance and I can at least go to the dance with Kyle. But maybe that would just make it worse. Knowing I only have that one night to be with him and then leaving. It would be too heart breaking-

"Um- (y/n)? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel worse." "It's alright." (Y/n) lied, choking on her tears, which had slowed to a trickle. Kyle put his thumb under the sad girl's chin. He lifted it up so that she had to look at him. He used his other thumb to wipe away the tears on (y/n)'s cheeks. Their faces were so close that he barely had to move forward when they kissed.

It was a soft and delicate kiss. It was sweet and his lips were so soft that (y/n) felt like she was kissing a cloud. The salty tears traced over the lips of the teenagers as the broke apart for air.

Gasping, (y/n) stared at Kyle with a look of surprise on her tear-stained face. The two stared at each other in a trance until a ding went off from (y/n)'s phone. Breaking eye contact, (y/n) looked down at her phone and saw a text from her mom.

Mom👸
Sweety, we really need to talk. Please come home.
Sent 7:18 p.m.

(Y/n)
fine
Sent 7:18 p.m.

Bidding farewell to Kyle, (y/n) started walking home. OMG! I KISSED KYLE! What does this mean? Are we together or just friends who kissed? If we are together then are we going to breakup when I leave or have a long distance relationship? But those never work out and I would rather have nothing then only a taste and be tantalized forever. What was (sf/n) thinking? How could he accept this promotion without at least discussing it with me! Did they just expect me to be like "Yeah sure! Let's move to Paris where I have no friends and no Kyle. This will be a fun and exciting adventure!" And have a big happy grin on my face? Well sorry but I have a life here and I'm about to go to a dance with the boy of my dreams and am not about to let this all go without putting up a fight!

By this time (y/n) had reached her front door. Putting on her poker face, (y/n) turned the knob and entered the house. Any chance of quietly slipping up to her room vanished when she spotted her mom and stepfather sitting on the couch.

"We're sorry." Were the first words (y/n) heard as she took off her shoes.

"If you were really sorry, we wouldn't be going to Paris." (Y/n) mumbled under her breath. "We are still your parents and that gives us the right to know where you are at all times! You must tell us where you are going and with who! You can't just run off by yourself." (M/n) scolded.

"LECTURING ME? YOU ARE LECTURING ME ABOUT RUNNING OFF AFTER YOU TELL ME THAT WE ARE MOVING TO PARIS AND NOT EVEN DISCUSSING IT WITH ME! I'M NOT MOVING AND YOU CANT MAKE ME!" (Y/n) sucked in a deep breath to replace the air she had lost during her rant.

"We understand that you are upset and with good reason." (S/f/n) put in. "We had to make a decision almost immediately. A bakery called the Tom and Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie needed a new baker because they are expanding their store. My boss said that I was perfect for the job but that I had to make a decision right then. You were at school and your mother thought it would be a good experience for us to all have an adventure together."

"THIS ISN'T FAIR! And don't tell me that I'm going to love it once I get there. That I just have to 'give it a chance' and that I have to have an 'open mind'." (Y/n) said putting quotation marks around her mom's favorite phrases.

"Just because you're angry doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful!" (M/n) added.

"Respect! What about respect for my feelings? And you can't even hear me out! I'm telling you that I'm unhappy- scratch that- I'm irate about the move and all you can say is that I'm being disrespectful!" (Y/n) got up and sprinted up the steps to her room. After slamming her door, without even changing into comfier clothes, the frustrated girl cried herself to sleep.

A/n: I hope you liked this chapter. So long, Tabby!