Chapter II

Y/N glanced toward her feet almost embarrassed.

About an hour had passed and Y/N had far too many drinks. The two chatted the night away and really began to get to know each other. James had some drinks but he was aware of his surroundings and would remember this night the next morning. Y/N on the other hand, probably wouldn't.

After tripping over her own feet heading to a table of champagne bottles, James caught Y/N quickly.

"I believe that is enough drinks for you, my dear." James steadied her and gave a look of worry.

"I-I'm fine." She mumbled out.

James gave her a pathetic look and pulled a nearby chair over. He lowered her into it and lifted a small bell from the table to ring it.

Almost instantly, a redheaded woman dressed as a maid scurried in. "Yes, Mr. March?" She replied submissively.

"Will you send up some sleep garments to my room for Miss Y/L/N?" He asked.

"Of course, sir. Is that all?" She responded.

"For now, yes." He brought his attention back to Y/N. "Come, dear. You need to lie down, that will be an atrocious headache in the morning." He helped her up from the seat and guided her out of the room.

They got to James's room and he plopped her down on the bed.

She giggled and James set a pair of sleepwear next to her.

"Get changed for bed now, darling. I'll return in a moment." He gave her an authoritative look and left the room.

Y/N managed to slip into the silk pajamas Miss Evers brought for her and left her dress on the floor next to the bed.

When James returned, he wore a white tank top and linen pants. He noticed Y/N had fallen asleep in the middle of the bed. He guided her under the covers and cradled her head, admiring her peaceful state. Each time he looked at her, he swore he had never seen a more beautiful specimen. "Sleep well, my love." He whispered and turned to lie on the couch.

A groan of disapproval slipped from Y/N's throat.

James turned back around confused, "what's the matter, Y/N?" He said concerned.

"It's cold, lay with me." She protested in a whiney voice without opening her eyes.

James furrowed his eyebrows and then sighed. "Alright, dear."

He walked to the other side of the bed and crawled in.

"Thank you." Y/N chimed out softly.

Light poured from a nearby window and Y/N stirred as she awoke. She nuzzled her head on a firm pillow. She opened her eyes to see it wasn't a pillow, but James's chest. She sat up immediately and her hand quickly found her head. It felt like a heartbeat and she winced at the pain.

James remained asleep and Y/N flipped the covers off of herself.

She reached for a glass of water on the bedside table, but movement came from the bed.

James's eyes opened and he smiled lightly.

"I didn't mean to wake you, James. I'm sorry." Y/N said apologetically.

"No need to worry, dear. How is that head of your's?" He sat up in the bed.

"Pretty grueling." She answered.

James kissed her exposed shoulder, "maybe I shouldn't have allowed you so many drinks."

"James, did- did we-

"Oh, heavens no." He interrupted.

Y/N sighed in relief.

"You were actually the one to suggest I join you in bed." James gave a cheeky look, almost making fun of her.

She put her palm against her forehead ashamed. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright, darling. Now, would you care for coffee or tea?" He offered.

"Tea is fine, that would be wonderful, thank you." She rested her back on the headboard, getting more comfortable in his presence.

James whistled and sent Miss Evers to fetch some tea.

She returned in no time and placed a tea set on the end table.

James poured a cup for Y/N and brought it to her.

She took it reluctantly and flashed a sincere smile. "Thank you for letting me stay the night. I can't imagine what would've happen if I tried to return home in that state."

James chuckled, recalling the previous night, taking a sip of his own tea.

"I don't want to burden you any longer, I should be heading home." Y/N hopped out of the bed, picking up her discarded dress.

"Darling...?" James began.

Y/N froze and glanced over to James who had stood up.

He waltzed up to her, looking into his tea.

Y/N awaited his proposal.

"I was going to ask you to move into the hotel. I can have your things retrieved and you may choose any room you like. You wouldn't have to lift a finger." He suggested.

Y/N's mouth was ajar as she ran through the offer in her head.

James stood still with his eyebrows raised.

"I-I don't know-

"You wouldn't have to spend a dime and you can have anything your little heart desires." He almost pleaded.

She looked into his hope-filled eyes. She thought about how luxurious and pampered she would be; the life she'd always wanted was right in front of her. A smile crept up on her face. "I'd love to."