Chapter III

The workers James hired to move Y/N's things into the hotel were rushing in and out of the doors and elevator. Y/N stood in the lobby spectating and feeling guilty for having others move her stuff. She had tried to grab some things herself, but they assured her they could handle it without her help.

James found his way to the lobby and put his arm around Y/N's waist as they observed the movers together. "You look worried, dear. Is something the matter?" He seemed very worried about her energy and straight brow.

"I just do not understand why we need to move ALL of my things in here, you already have the finest furniture and decor in all of L.A." She confessed.

James rubbed one of her shoulders with the hand he previously had around her hip. "I just want you to feel at home, do you not want that? I can have it removed at once." He quickly turned to order the men.

She latched onto his forearm to halt him. "No, James. You do not need to make them do that. You know I appreciate all the things you've done for me; you kept me safe, treated me wonderfully, and got me out of that dump I used to live in. But I don't want to be completely dependent and helpless by the time I leave here." She nervously laughed off the last bit.

"Leave here? You are leaving?" James's heart sank and his eyes got softer.

"Well, I can't live in a hotel for the rest of my life." She said like it was obvious.

"Why not? I promised I would provide you with anything you'd like." A look of disappointment washed over his face.

"God, James get that horrible look off your face. I know what you said." She came back.

He stared at her for a moment, eyes darting from one to the other. "Marry me, Y/N."

"J-James, I'm not sur-

He cut her off with a hard kiss out of the blue. He pulled away after a moment to say, "I need you, my love. I need someone like you by my side... forever." He spoke with passion.

Y/N just stared back at his wishful eyes shocked. "I-I'm nothing special, James trust me-

"Do not ever speak such words about yourself! You are very special, special in the eyes of me." He meant what he said and she could tell.

"May I have the day to ponder?" She asked politely.

"Yes, of course, dear. I didn't mean to spring this on you." He kissed her forehead and left to supervise the movers.

Y/N thought for a while and then asked one of the men for the time.

He answered "half past one, Ma'am."

"Thank you." She said frantically and grabbed her purse, fleeing the hotel.

She got to the building where she was supposed to shoot a scene today and rushed inside.

"I'm so sorry, Oswald! I've been moving all day and I lost track of time, it will not happen again, I assure you." She apologized.

"That's fine, Y/N. Just keep better track of time in the future. Now get to wardrobe." He responded.

Y/N nodded quickly and headed to the wardrobe room.

"Good afternoon, Elizabeth." She greeted her best friend in the chair next to her getting her makeup touched up and hair done.

"You've never been late before, love. What happened? Did you get home safe last night?" Elizabeth asked concerned.

"I have absolutely no time to explain, today has been completely insane." Y/N's hair and makeup was finished very fast and she gave her friend a quick peck on the cheek, wishing her luck.

She got to the set and Rudolph Valentino was already in position. She said another quick apology and filmed their scene.

After shooting, Y/N headed back toward the dressing room to gather her belongings. Before she could get too far, she heard her name being called behind her.

Valentino jogged up to her, "can you meet me at Cordleyware in 30 minutes? I need your help."

"I don't see why I could possibly help you with anything." She questioned.

"It is about Elizabeth, please." He sounded like he was almost begging.

"Okay, yes. I'll see you soon." She responded and he hurried out of the building.

She thought to herself what an odd encounter that was, but brushed it off. She got all of her things and left the set.

After 30 minutes, she arrived at the restaurant and walked inside. A waitress guided her to Valentino's table and she sat down worried.

"Thank you so much for coming. It means so much to me." He exclaimed.

"I'd never pass up an opportunity to dine at such a fancy place." She giggled.

Valentino laughed back. "I needed some advice about something." There was a pause. "I want to propose to Elizabeth."

Y/N's eyes widened. What was it about marriage today? She didn't know how to help Rudolph; she hadn't even figured out her own. "Mr. Valentino, I-I can't help you with that I-

"You are her best friend, her most trusted companion; you know her most. It needs to be extravagant and romantic. I am the greatest screen lover of all time." He pushed on.

"You know what? Today is your lucky day. I am marrying the owner of the fanciest hotel in California." She was shocked at her own response, was she really going to marry him?

"Perfect. Thank you so much, little one." He answered excitedly.

Meanwhile, James was heading to a clothing store to spoil his woman with new garments. His limousine came to a stop at a traffic light. He peered out of the window, observing the town. He looked to his left and spotted a familiar face. His love, Y/N sitting in an expensive restaurant with the most romantic man in all of film. They smiled and laughed in the window and James watched completely broken.

"This has been a wonderful meal, sir. The way you speak of Elizabeth fills my heart, she needs someone like you to care for her and treat her like the amazing person she is. I would not want anyone else to be her groom."

"It is very easy to love her, she is perfection. Thank you for putting the proposal together, I was pulling my hair out trying to come up with something worthy of the occasion." He laughed a bit.

James's limo continued down the street when the light turned green. He felt betrayed and empty, was he the reason she did not say yes right away?

"Have a splendid evening, Y/N. I cannot thank you enough." Valentino smiled and left the building.

Y/N collected her things and stood up to exit.

Anger then replaced James's sadness and he ordered his driver to turn around and follow the man who stole what was rightfully his.