Exes to Lovers - Kim Junmyeon

"I'm sorry!"

You freeze when you hear those words coming from the man who had just bumped into you. Your body instantly recognized the voice and shivers trailed down your arms. You turn to look at him and when he meets your gaze, a slight gasp escapes his lips.

Your ex of 4 years stood in front of you wearing a black suit and looking like he just saw a ghost. Your eyes rake over him to see how much he's changed, but he looks exactly like you remember. Just more mature.

He breathes your name in surprise, drawing the attention of your eyes down to his mouth. The kissable lips you used to make out with as often as you could did nothing to stop the shivers you were already feeling.

You mentally scold yourself. This was so not the time to start drooling over your ex. The two of you broke up for good reasons, like the constant arguments you would have and how he was away all the time. You were sure not much has changed... right?

Glancing behind him to see who he's with, you're relieved when you find only Minseok and no female companion. You pause and mentally laugh at your hypocrisy, but you couldn't help it... When it came to Junmyeon, you were weak.

Minseok does a double-take when he notices it's you.

"Hey! Wow! You look great!" He says, turning to Junmyeon with a wide smile. "Doesn't she look great?"

Junmyeon shoots him a glare before giving you a soft smile. "You do look amazing... I know this is forward, but... do you want to get a drink or something?"

Surprise courses through you at his sudden bluntness. It would be the best thing for you to turn around and walk away, but you didn't know if your body was capable of doing it...

"Oh... I was actually... My cab is here waiting for me..." you tell him.

Minseok pushes Junmyeon toward you. "That's great! He was just leaving too!"

You look at the duo and the entrance they literally just came in before letting out a soft laugh. "Sure. I'll give you a ride."

Junmyeon raises his brows with a smirk while Minseok's mouth falls open, making you realize the words that had just left your mouth.

"I mean we can ride together! In the... cab..."

Junmyeon lets out a little snort. "Sure... I'd love a ride."

You feel your entire body flush, and you nervously walk out to the cab with Junmyeon trailing behind you. You try to lie to yourself and pretend that you didn't want this, but there was no use. You wanted nothing but this right now.

Once both of you are seated, Junmyeon drops his hand onto your thigh just like he has done a thousand times before. Your eyes trail up his arm and land on his face. The two of you silently stare at each other, and you can see the heat burning in his eyes.

You swallow, feeling the excitement in you grow. You were in for a long night.