Almost there

(Jewel pov)

I fly in a random direction trying not to cry from what happened earlier. I see something in the distance so I fly closer to get a better look when I saw what it was I felt my heart drop I just stand still as I see a limp (Name) in the talons of Nigel. (Name) looks beat up bad, if I was there sooner I could have helped her. I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize Nigel heading towards me, I get get caught off guard as he grabs my throat.

"Going somewhere... pretty bird?"

"Oh, yeah. I was just on my way to claw your eyes out!"

"Temper, temper. Now, come along, my dear, we're going to a parade. And everybody loves a parade."

"Let go of me!" Nigel flies away with my legs on one of his talons I can't do anything but squirm. I look over at (Y/N) sadly.

"What did you do to them?" I ask anger filling my throat.

"They fought too much. I had to shut them up one way or another."

"So you fight them so much that they bleed?!"

"They were tiny, it was only a mere accident."

(Your pov)

I wake up in a cage my head in so much pain, I try to get up but my wings are busted I groan out in pain gaining Jewel's attention.

"(Name)! Your awake! Are you okay?" 

"Yeah I'm fine I guess." you say choosing to not be sarcastic today.

"Two down, and one to go," Nigel says interrupting our conversation.

"You'll never find him. He's already gone." I hear Jewel say, I look at her confused as I feel another wave of pain in my chest but it wasn't physical it was just my heart reacting to what she said.

"Oh, I don't need to find him. He'll find you." Nigel says before flying away.

"What did you mean when you said he's already gone, Jewel?" I say looking down holding my wing in pain.

"Blu and I had an argument quick after yours, Blu said he didn't like samba which made Nico cry and-"

"Blu made Nico cry?" You said cutting Jewel off.

"Y-yeah... shortly after we went our separate ways."

"Is Nico okay?"

"Haha you really do got a thing for him." Jewel says laughing making me look away and blush. After a while we see Nico, Pedro, and Rafi come in from the roof.

"Nico!" I exclaim happily

"(Name)!" he says radiating the same energy flying over to me. He realizes all the cuts, bruises, and blood on me and his smile wiped away so fast.

"Who did this to you." he sounded mad yet concerned which caught me off guard.

"That would be me," Nigel said coming out from nowhere and throws Nico, Rafi, and Pedro into a cage.

"Guys! are you okay?" Jewel and I ask.

"(Name), you're the one who is bleeding right now, you should be more concerned about yourself." I nod in agreement after Rafi said that. We see Blu climb in from the roof of the car we were in.

"Blu!" Jewel and I say.

"I'm gonna get you out of here," Blu says trying to unlock Jewel's cage.

"No, no, Blu, you can't be here. You have to go. Nigel is..." I see as Nigel throws Blu into a cage next to Jewel.

"Hello, pretty bird. So kind of you to join our little soiree."

"Oh come on. You really think I came alone? I got three of the roughest, meanest, craziest birds in all of Rio right behind me." We all turn as we see Pedro celebrating.

"Woo-hoo! You hear that guys? We're saved!"

"Uh, I think he means us," Nico says sadly.

"Oh." Pedro realizes.

"Ah, love. It's such  a powerful and... stupid thing." Nigel says flying away leaving us all alone in silence.

I'm almost done. I am highly unmotivated but I'm doing it because I got over 200 reads! wth you guys are insane omg thank you for reading my book I am so happy. Also thank you for voting my story. I hope you all have a lovely day and I hope I put a smile on your face when you were reading this book. (719 words)