1.11 "Happy Birthday "

Four weeks later. at home. 

I walked downstairs and smiled when i saw Daniel standing in the kitchen "Daniel"

He smiled and tuned to me "Hey, babe. "

I ran over to him and kissed him "morning"

He smirked and put an arm around me "I know how you like your morning coffee."

I grabbed the mug from him, smiling " You know how I like everything. I missed you last night. "

Daniel "Yeah, me, too. "

Me "Any update on Tyler?"

Daniel shook his head " No. He never came home last night. "

Me "How's your mom holding up? "

Daniel nodded "Oh, she's all right, considering the circumstances. She's past the initial shock of the divorce papers and now she's redirecting her energies into planning my birthday party."

I asked confused " And that's a bad thing?"

Daniel " For my 21st, she hired the cast of Cirque Du Soleil to perform. Subtlety is not her strong suit when it comes to parties. "

Me "Well, why don't we do something low-key? Maybe a clambake on the beach? "

He smiled "Sounds perfect. "

Suddenly there was a knock on the door "Hello?"

I froze, confused. 

Suddenly the door opened and Conrad stepped in "Daniel. "

Daniel "What are you doing here? "

Conrad "I'm on my way to sit down with your mother and our lawyers, and I was hoping that you and I could have a chat first. "

Me "You know what? I was just about to leave. Um... Call me later? "

He nodded "Okay. "

I nodded "Mr. Grayson. "

Then i walked out. 

At Nolan's house. 

I walked outside to the pool where he was sunbathing "I googled "friendship" on the interwebs. Apparently, when you have a fight with a friend... You're supposed to apologize."

Nolan " Word of advice... Leave the joke cracking to me. You suck at it."

Me " And the apologizing, how am I doing there?"

Nolan " I'm no expert, but I think an apology involves the words "I'm sorry"? "

I sat down next to him "Look... I actively taught myself not to trust people. What happened with you and Tyler caught me off guard, but I do believe you never set out to sabotage me. "