1//~A Little Professor~

edited.

"Where is he?" Harry demanded as he rushed into the Headmistress's office. He was finding the inability to apparate within the Hogwarts grounds extremely inconvenient at the moment.

After the war, Harry had grown quite close to Severus Snape- his former Potions professor who was appointed the Defence against the Dark Arts teacher. He still did not approve of the man's teaching ways along with many other things and he was sure Snape didn't approve of him entirely either but they were able to put those differences behind them albeit a bit grudgingly.

Harry would drop by sometimes and Snape would tell him stories about his parents-mostly about his mother but even a few about his father being an 'insufferable toe rag' and 'strutting through the halls like he owned the place'. Harry did not appreciate Snape's narration of his father but he grabbed the opportunity to know more about his mother every time.

About thirty minutes ago, he had received an owl about Snape being in the hospital wing due to a Potions' accident and he had immediately dashed out of his office.

"He's fine, I need to talk to you about something," McGonagall said. She saw Harry open his mouth to argue so she added "Before you go see him. It's important,".

Harry closed his mouth and agreed. It had been years since he had attended one of Professor McGonagall's classes but even today, she could get him to listen to her like he did a little first year. 

McGonagall led him to her desk and Harry seated himself on the chair opposite her. He wanted not to argue with the Headmistress but keeping his patience in check was proving to be a difficult task for him.

"Harry, as you know there was a potion accident. Not today, but about a week ago. Severus must have been experimenting because the entire lab was destroyed and we were unable to recover anything that could help us." McGonagall explained.

" A week?! Is he alright, Professor?" Harry asked, extremely worried about Snape's health.

"As I said, he is in perfect health but he has been...uh...well, he has been de-aged to about six years old. We wanted to get a little bit of information on the case because if it had been reversible, it would have been a very different case but it seems that it is not reversible," McGonagall broke the news to him.

The absurdity of the entire situation was almost funny but Harry was well aware that Professor McGonagall did not joke about matters like such.

"Does he have his memories? Does he remember anything?" Harry asked. He had encountered one case of -reversible- de-aging in his career as an Auror and that man had quite literally become a two-year-old with no memory past their two-year-old self.

Luckily, the man was restored to perfect health within a few days but Professor McGonagall had already said that this was not the case for Snape.

"He most definitely doesn't. His body and mind are in their exact shape and form as they were when he was six. He was a tad bit apprehensive at first but had thrown a major tantrum demanding his Mum and Dad. Poppy, unfortunately, informed him that his parents were dead and he was in 2001 rather than the 1960s. After he was convinced that we were not lying, he backed off. Now he only speaks when spoken to and is often consumed in his own thoughts," McGonagall elaborated.

Harry knew a little about Snape's upbringing through what he saw in the pensive that day though the professor preferred not to talk about it. He guessed that Snape was probably neglected like Harry himself as a child. That would explain the oversized or outgrown clothes and the mismatched socks.

"Is there a cure? We can take him to St. Mungo's?" Harry asked despite already knowing the answer.

"In the past week, we have tried everything. I assure you that if there was a solution, we would have found it or at least even the possibility of a cure but there is nothing," McGonagall informed.