7//~Always~

edited.

Later that day...

Harry had placed Severus in the bath about 15 minutes ago. Severus like any other normal child had protested at having to take a bath but alas, Harry got his way and managed to plop the boy into the tub. Just a moment before Harry added the bubble bath liquid, Severus was frowning at not having his way but all of a sudden his eyes lit up like early Christmas upon seeing the bubbles.

"Can I tell you something, Mr. Potter?" Severus asked, facing the water as he talked.

"Of Course, you can, anytime," Harry answered.

"Can you please let me stay?" he asked. He felt weak for not being able to deny that he needed anything from the Potters. His voice felt weak.

Harry was taken aback by the question. He wanted Severus to stay but the child was close to tears and was requesting him to stay.

"I know I am not the child people want. I was mean and snarky and expensive too. I ran off and wasted your time. I am sorry for everything," he started.

"No, it's not-" but Harry was interrupted by Severus.

"You can return everything you bought, I didn't take the tags off but please let me stay," he begged. He would miss all the new clothes but having 3 meals a day, bubbles in his bath and such a soft bed to sleep on was more than enough.

"No need-"

"I know I am a burden and you don't want me, I can't help the way I look but I promise I'll be the most obedientest child ever. I'll never be bad. Please let me stay," he continued cutting Harry off. He decided to just let all his insecurities spill.

"Severus, stop. Just listen to me. The day I met you was the day I intended to let you stay. It was you remember? You wanted me to promise to bring you back. I promise I'll never make you leave," Harry said solemnly.

"And I think you look like a very handsome young man. I also do not expect you to be perfect, you are a child who will make mistakes but I will always love you," he promised.

"Always?"

"Always."

***

Sunday morning...

"Severus, Ginny gave me all her older preschool books and the ones you guys bought from Muggle London. I was able to prepare a few tests-well drills. Just to see where you're at." Hermione suggested.

Severus was in no mood to agree to this because he was getting his new toys and books back after breakfast and he'd rather enjoy those than give a test.

"Yes, we should start lessons as soon as possible," Harry encouraged.

So Severus obliged. He followed Hermione into the study. Hermione sat on her chair and motioned for Severus to sit on the one across from her. He waited as she laid everything out.

"Where should we start? Maths, Science, English, or perhaps Muggle History?"

"Maths," Severus said. He was starting to panic a little bit as he had no clue what the other subjects were. He could do Magical History and maybe English. But muggle History and science? He had no clue what that was.

"Alright, here are the questions. Answer as many as you can. They go up to year 5 so I do not expect you to know them but try your best," Hermione said as she handed him a pencil, an eraser, and the "drill" test.

The first few were super easy. Just addition and subtraction. Then he had to multiply and divide. He had a little trouble with that and skipped a few of the questions. He understood fractions though, they were simple and how to tell the time. He was able to identify 2D shapes but had trouble with the 3D ones. The last few questions with decimals and stuff really screwed him up. He finished his paper in about 30 minutes, he looked at it and was a little unsatisfied at the amount he had left blank but handed it to Hermione who was doing her work stuff.