1.1 - Horizon ablaze cum color, et sidera, qui iacebat extra teli eius pervenire

The universe. A complex thing the universe is. Born from the division of one into two.

Two forces. Two halves of one whole. Order and chaos. Creation and destruction. Primus and Unicron.

It is between these two that life is born. Two species. One a protective measure, the other a parasite. So different yet so similar. Were it not for this dance of balance between good and evil, life could never be possible.

Like the ignition of a blue flame, a spark flies up from its creator, Primus, released to find its way. It travels to the nearest physical vessel it can find. It must choose wisely, as this will be its only vessel in this life. Shimmering to a halt, it hovers above the body of a protoform, this would be its physical vessel. It is a Cybertronian.

It, is Steel.

Before long, the New Spark emerges from the veil of his creator's outer spark, now with a body to call his own. Now is the toughest part, getting out of the Well. It is an ancient test, dating back to long before the extinction of the Predacon, in which a New Spark must prove they are worthy of living, of surviving.

The only word Steel knows is the name of his own creator, Primus, who has long been in a slumber from which he could not wake. The rest must be learned. It takes a minute, but his systems begin to engage, a fresh flow of Energon begins to cycle through him, bringing him to life. He cycles his optics open, visual stimuli overwhelming. A small chitter of surprise is vocalized, momentarily scaring himself with his underdeveloped voice. He reaches forward an arm, movement extremely slow and shaky. He has taken his first step, the hardest of them all. Eventually he finds himself staggering on two legs. They are quad-jointed, built for digit-grade movement. He begins to take more steps, beginning to better understand how to move his body. He trips but immediately gets back up. Above him, creatures of large proportions lay in wait beyond a hidden barrier, ready to feast on the incoming wave of New Sparks. Other New Sparks begin to rise and stand beside him, just as unaware of how they got here as him. They do not speak, for they haven't learned how. Steel takes more steps forward, now much more balanced. One of the New Sparks nearest to him picks up a piece of metal and waves it around for a little, eventually pressing it to their frame, the metal shaping to fit onto their protoform. Steel follows their example in awe, his helm and body beginning to shape up more as he grabs alloys and other materials along the way. Emphasis of his placements is put on regions he learns to consider vital. Before long, he finds himself armoured and brave enough to cross the barrier. Steel and the others make it to the winding levels of ramps leading up to the surface, passing the barrier. From here on out, Steel must fight to survive.

From here on, Steel is alive.