Chapter 3

Paul made his appearance at the Green household that night, his bags that were packed looked heavy, but he held on to them with ease, completely unfazed. Reyna remembered locking her gaze with his and shivered when he looked at her with so much anger blazing in his eyes. She knew he had every right to be angry with the world, his life was crashing down around him, in more ways than Reyna knew.

"Show Paul to his room, would you Rey?" Her father spoke from the kitchen, their house had a open layout, the front door, kitchen, and living room all within eye shot. Reyna nodded and gestured at Paul, to follow her.

When they got to the top of the stairs Reyna opened the door that lead to a bedroom directly across from her own. The room was painted light grey, with a blue comforter on the queen sized bed, a night stand sat on each side of the bed and a long ivory white dresser at the foot of it. The room wasn't huge, but it wasn't too small either.

"Take all the time you need to adjust, I don't expect you to talk about what happened," Reyna spoke softly, Paul's angry stance didn't change, if anything his eyes hardened and his jaw clenched even harder, but Reyna continued on anyway, "I'm here if you need someone, don't ever feel like you have to burden this alone." With that said, Reyna left the room, shutting the door quietly behind her.

Dinner was ate in an uncomfortable silence, nobody wanted to say anything that might upset Paul but Reyna knew if they continued to tip toe around Paul's feelings, it would only break him more. Treating him like normal was the only way for him to feel, normal. "I was thinking about going cliff diving again," Reyna spoke up between chews, "would you like to go?" She directed the question at Paul.

Reynas parents looked up at her, silently asking with their eyes for her to 'shut up' but she ignored their stares. Paul's lips twitched up in a small grin, "You cliff dive?" He asked her, leaning his arms against the table for support as he leaned into the conversation. Reyna nodded, "I went right before I left Georgia, it was fun." She shrugged.

She studied his face for a moment, it was unreadable, she had no clue what was going on in his head but it couldn't have been too bad considering he held a small smile. Paul nodded, "Sure." He said simply, his gaze locked back down at his food and he continued to eat.

Reyna was pleased with his response, she knew he wouldn't talk about what happened or what he'd been through because he didn't trust anyone. She also knew, that as long as she tries to break him out of his shell he might open up to her.

When dinner was done, Reyna and Paul excused themselves and made their way back upstairs to their rooms. When they reached their bedroom doors they glanced at each other, Reyna sent him a reassuring smile that he didn't return, but his angry demeanor had changed towards her slightly. His shoulders were more relaxed, and he looked as if he could breathe easier.

She walked into her room, leaving Paul in the hallway, still glancing over his shoulder. Reyna took her time alone to shower and get ready for bed, when Reyna laid down that night her stomach lurched with anxiety. She didn't know what she was so nervous about, but she knew she'd soon find out.

~

Reyna woke up the next morning, disoriented and not at all rested. The knock on her door caused her to raise her head in curiosity, her parents didn't usually wake her up in the mornings she was fine at doing it on her own.

She stepped out of bed and quietly walked towards the door, and she opened it to find Paul standing on the other side of it. "Good morning?" She said in question, she wasn't sure why he was at her door. He stood there, hair glistening wet a sign that he'd recently showered, and a black T-shirt hugging at his broad shoulders. His expression was grim, which only made her curiosity grow.