25 ~ Sadness

They say that the pain of losing a loved one eases with time, but I don't think that's the case.

The pain is always there. No matter what. The only thing stopping that pain from manifesting are distractions.

Being with family and friends definitely helps to distract from the pain, but distractions are like medicine, they eventually wear off. You just have to wait for the pain to pass, and if it doesn't then you have to learn to deal with it.

You can try to ignore the pain, but it just builds up, until eventually it overwhelms you; until it eventually swallows you whole.

~~~~~

Isabella's POV ~

November 19th.

2 years since I saw his lifeless body.

2 years since I saw the life slowly drain from his face.

2 years since I last saw one of the only people who made me happy.

It's been 1 week since my cousins moved in with us and having 25 boys in the house is certainly hard, but now I have to deal with their constant questions about why I'm sad.

I've never liked to talk about my feelings and I definitely don't want to have to deal with an interrogation from anyone today.

I've been sitting on my bed staring at the wall for the past hour and I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Alex is gone.

He's dead and he's never coming back.

I think back to when he died, his family is originally from LA, so after the police found some evidence that he was dead after his parents declared him missing, they planned on burying him in LA on their family plot.

Burying an empty casket is kind of weird, but they wanted something to remember him by and to be able to visit so I can see why they did.

Reaching for my phone on my desk, I type in the crematory where Alex's family plot is and start to put on my boots.

I go downstairs and see most of my brothers and cousins all seated around the kitchen island.

"Hey Bells.", Dante says as he stuffs his face with a waffle.

"Dude, swallow before you talk that's gross.", Alessio says, hitting Dante over the head.

"Owwww! What the fuck man!", Dante exclaims as he starts chasing Alessio around the kitchen.

"Stop acting like fucking children!", Alfonso shouts at the two, but they just ignore him and continue running around like headless chickens.

I make my way through the shouting and chaos and over to Luca, who is peacefully sitting on the couch in the living room, ignoring the chaos happening behind him.

"Hey Luca?"

"Yes bambina.", Luca says, closing his laptop and turning his attention to me.

"Could I go to the cemetery please?", I ask, nervously picking at my nails.

"What for?", Luca asks.

"Well um, Alex is buried there and it's his d-death day anniversary.", I state as I try to hold back my tears which are now welling up in my eyes.

"Oh of course. I can drive you there.", Luca suggests as he gives me a soft smile.

"I was hoping to walk there alone. I kind of need some alone time right now.", I say looking down at my feet.

I feel him lift up my chin and I'm met with his soft grey eyes.

"Yes you can walk there but I'm going to have to send some guards with you.", he explains as he releases my chin.

"Please no guards. I need some private time alone.", I say, looking at him with pleading eyes.

"Alright, alright, but you call me as soon as something seems off. Okay?"

"Okay.", I smile slightly as I wrap my arms around his waist tightly.

~~~~~

The walk to the cemetery wasn't too long.

It was quite nice.

If you ignore my pestering thoughts that is.

Opening up the cemetery gates, I feel my chest tighten as I see the familiar grave standing under a tree in the corner.

I can feel my eyes begin to burn as my vision become blurry from tears.

I sit down next to his grave as I stare at the words engraved into the stone.

Alex Charles Taylor

JAN. 3, 2004 - NOV. 19, 2019

Beloved son and friend to many.

You are always in our hearts and thoughts. You were taken away from us far to soon. We love you always.

"W-why did you h-have to leave me?", I choke out as tears begin to fall down my cheeks, "Y-you promised t-that you'd never l-leave me. You said that you'd a-always be there for m-me, b-but where are y-you huh?"

I continue to sob as my chest tightens and I feel my breathing become more uneven.

That's when I felt it.

I prick on the side of my neck.

Black dots began invading my vision as my head began to spin.

My body began to sway slightly, before I eventually felt my conscious slip and I was pulled into a peaceful darkness.

Unknown POV ~

I watched as she cried next to the grave.

I longed to be able to hold her in my arms and comfort her, telling her everything was going to be alright, but I couldn't, at least not now.

I felt my body being pushed forward and I fell down to my knees, still not taking my eyes off of Bella.

The man slowly crept up behind her and I watched as he pressed the needle into her neck and her body began to sway, before her body fell limp onto the grass.

I watched sadly as they picked her body up and took her over to the van.

"Fuck you.", I muttered as I pulled on the chains binding my hands.

"Oh I'd watch you mouth if I were you little boy.", he sneered as he dragged me towards the van.

He threw me in and turned over to see Bella's unconscious body laying next to me.

I promise that I'll get us out of here farfella.

(Butterfly)