Chapter Ten: Who is in Control

It's admirable how casually Narcissa acts about the curse she's been put under. It's almost spooky, actually. But I know she's simply not going to give Umbridge the satisfaction of seeing her suffer. I feel like a proud mom somehow as I see her strut around the castle like she owns the place, as always. Her grace, poise, and sly confidence all but erase the Narcissa that had been huddled with her head and torso across my lap yesterday.

As it is a Saturday, the day seems to drag a little, though not in an excruciating way. It's a welcome break from the hustle of the week. Pansy, Draco, and I lounge outside in the sun all morning, and by the time four o'clock rolls around, Pansy and I are in high spirits even as we march our asses over to Umbridge's classroom.

Our chatter dies as if someone had pressed the mute button on a remote when we see the wicked glee on Umbridge's face as she makes a grand show of letting us into the room. I think I know what this means. Sure enough, her office door is propped wide open and Narcissa is sitting in the furthest corner in a chair.

I study her carefully as we all enter the office. Pansy slowly pulls out her chair, but I stop in the middle of the office as I realize something about Narcissa.

"You've cuffed her to the chair?" I ask Umbridge in shock. I look at Umbridge as she happily settles into her own cushy office chair. When she doesn't answer, and just stares at me with self satisfaction, I sneer. "A bit overkill, isn't it? This isn't a drama television show, professor. Tell me, is it because you're scared of Professor Malfoy, or is it because it turns you on?"

Umbridge leaps from her chair as she snatches up a wooden cane I've never seen before. I recoil as she swings it at me. It connects hard over my forearms, which I use to shield my face and head. I hear Narcissa whimper, and she flinches as she watches on, but I'm not shaken up by it in the slightest.

I only snicker. "Kink it is," I confirm as I saunter to plop down into my detention chair.

The cane comes at me again and this time it hits my bicep so hard it surely will leave a welt. It doesn't wipe the smile from my face, and I hum as I turn to my parchment and pick up the quill Umbridge has laid out next to it.

The quill is sharper than it's ever been, and the amount of blood that immediately blossoms from the back of my scarred hand is kind of impressive. I roll my eyes, but don't stop writing. "You don't have to over exaggerate our detention," I say disapprovingly to Umbridge. I look over at Narcissa and beam sweetly. "Usually it's pretty vanilla. I think she's trying to impress you, Professor Malfoy. Don't know why she doesn't just take you out for dinner and give you a dozen roses like a normal person."

Pansy snickers beside me. "Why is that, do you think, Noir?"

"Kink," I reply gleefully.

Pansy tuts. "Professor Umbridge, is there a 'special relationship' between us that the school board or Ministry needs to know about?"

"Simply criminal," I chime in.

Both of our shoulder blades are peppered with heavy blows from the cane. It is exceptionally fucking painful as far as punishments go, but I'd rather kiss Darwin than let her know it hurts so terribly.

Narcissa is breathing hard by the time the whacks stop coming. I glance at her, and she's flushed, eyes portraying agony at being unable to stop the abuse, so I give her an encouraging thumbs up. "We're okay," I mouth soundlessly. It doesn't seem to quell her anxiety, though. I return to writing my lines with a low sigh.

Only so that Narcissa doesn't have a heart attack only five minutes in, I write in silence for a while. Pansy and I begin to pass notes to one another when we know Umbridge isn't paying closer attention.