12. Not caring anymore

As Jenny rushed to the circuit she started to get nervous, what if Daniel changed his mind all of a sudden?
It was really busy and she didn't know if she was going to make it in time. She ran to the swipe- gates and just as she entered the garage she heard "Lights out and away we go!"
She wasn't in time to tell him how she felt before his race so all she could do was sit and wait. 
Daniel had a really good race and got P2! 

She wanted to speak to him before the podium ceremony, but she couldn't find him, so she watched with the team. Daniel didn't spot her until the national anthem was on, he saw her and his eyes were getting really big. He couldn't believe she came, and gave her a big smile and a wink. He didn't know how fast he needed to get off that podium to get to her. 

D: "Jen, you came? but the media and..."
J: "Why live with fear, when you can live with excitement, right?"
D:"you remembered?"
J: "of-course I did, how could I forget that. I am so sorry it took me this long. It took me to see those fan-girls again to realize that the only thing between me and you being together was the fact that I wasn't confident enough. But thinking about it made me realize that you will help me with that and that I shouldn't live in fear while I could live in excitement, so here I am. I wanted to talk to you before the race but I wasn't in time I'm sorry."
D: "don't be sorry, you are here now just don't leave me okay."
J: "I'm in it for the long run"
D: "Jen?"
J: "Yes?"
D:"Can I kiss you I know it is in front of camera's but I would really like to"
Jenny didn't hesitate for a second and nodded Yes. 

They kissed and photo's were taken from every angle, Jenny was a bit scared but it just felt right. From that moment on Daniel's smile was back like it had never left. 

fast-forward a few months: 
Jenny didn't get as much hate on social media as she did the first few weeks, she actually had a lot of fans, and if there was a hate comment Daniel was the first to comment and tell them wrong. They were both extremely happy together. Daniel had met Jenny's family and they threatened him like their own son. He felt at home and it only made him more excited to see his family soon again.