Charter 24

I was feeling so bored at the apartment alone. Megan said she'll be a bit late. Usually she comes home by five. So I decide to do a little cooking. I'm not very good at this. The only dish I can cook is creamy pasta. It's 7:30 now so I go to the kitchen. It's the first time I'm cooking in our new kitchen. Mom cooked all these days. So I am pretty excited.

I hear a click on the door lock. So I look at the door and it's Megan.

"Wow. You're cooking.", she says with a smile as she comes in.

"Yes I am.", I say with a grin on my face as if I am so proud.

"Awesome. I am starving.", she says as she puts her hand on the stomach.

"You go freshen up. Dinner will be ready in ten minutes."

"Mmm... Arya, you should cook more often.", Megan says with a mouth full of pasta.

"Honey, this is the only thing I can cook. So if you are okay with eating the same thing everyday then I can cook. No problem.", I say as we both chuckle.

"So, how was your day?", she asks me.

"Hmm.. Not bad. Oh I bumped into Edward today at the grocery."

"Who's Edward?", she asks with a frown.

"He's also a crew member. Although it's a funny story about how I met him. Oh God!", I say as I nod and chuckle.

"What's the story? And why don't I know this yet? Tell me.", she says with excitement in her voice.

"Okay calm down.", I say. "You remember the day I was so frustrated and I was crying over the phone with you?"

"Of course I do.", she says with a frown.

"Well, after I hung up the phone I tried to sleep but couldn't. So I went to the bar where I met him. But then I didn't know that he was a crew member.", then I tell Megan the whole story about how I was drunk and what I said to Edward and all.

"Well that's interesting. So he didn't tell anyone about this?", she asks as I finish my story.

"No, I don't think so.", I say as I shrug my shoulder.

"Hmm... He seems nice then. I think you should date him.", she says with a big smile.

"Megan. Don't you have anything else to do other than playing match making with me?"

"I'm saying this for your own good sweety. Dating other guys is the only way to get over that guy, okay.", she says emphasizing on the word 'that' and goes to the sink with her plate to wash it.

"Well he kinda asked me to go on a city tour with him and I said I will."

"Good for you. When are you going?", she says as she washes her plate.

"Day after tomorrow. Oh and...... I also asked him to be my plus one at the wedding.", I say as I take my last bite.

"You really did that?", she turns around looking at me as she asks with surprise.

"Yeah. Why are you so surprised? Did I do wrong?"

"No, no. What you did was totally right. You should date, you should meet new people. You need this.", she assures me with a smile.

"Yeah. But it's not like I am dating Edward, I just wanna hang around, that's it. For now."

"Ooohkayy...", she says with a smirk. "Anyways. I'm gonna go to sleep now. Thank you so much for the lovely dinner. By the way I was thinking we could do something together. I mean your "city tour" starts the day after tomorrow. so you're free tomorrow, right?", she says as she air qoutes "city tour" and I roll my eyes.

"Well not really."

"why?", she asks with curiosity.

"Tomorrow I'll go shopping with Louis because..."

"Louis! Why him?", she says interrupting me.

"Because his mom is getting married and he asked me to help him. Plus I work for them okay."

"Yeah, but this is not work. He asked for a personal favor. You are not bound to do this.", she tries to explain.

"It's fine Megan. He's a friend. I have to help."

"Okay, as your wish. But I'm telling you, it's not good for you.", she says with disappointment.

"Okay now you go to sleep. Good night.", I say to her.

"Okay. Good night.", she says as she walks in her room.

Is she right? Is this really not good for me? But I have nothing to do. I mean he is my friend and I can't say no to him. I can't avoid him. He has become a part of my life both professional and personal. They all have. I can not throw them out of my life. All I can do is include new people so that I don't have to be around them all the time. And that's exactly what I am trying to do. And I believe it is the right thing to do.

------------------------------

Louis was supposed to pick me up at 11 am. It's 11:15 am now and he's still not here. I hate when someone keeps me waiting. I'm sitting on the kitchen stool with my empty coffee mug waiting for him. Finally my phone rings at 11.23 am.

"You are late.", I say as I pick up the phone.

"Hi, I am fine thank you?", Louis says.

"Wait I'm coming.", I say as I hang up.

I come out of the apartment and get in his car. I fasten my seatbelt without saying anything. I look forward as I wait for him to start driving. But I can tell he's staring at me with confused eyes even though I'm not looking at him. He's wearing a simple plain white T-shirt and black jeans. The neck of his T-shirt is a bit deep, so I can see his 'It is what it is' tattoo. That's my second favorite tattoo of his. My most favorite is the 'tick tack toe' tattoo. What's wrong with me? Why the hell am I thinking about his tattoos?

"Come on, drive.", I finally say after a few moments.

"What's wrong? Why are you angry?", he asks.

"I'm not.", I say as I nod as a no.

"Yes you are."

"Okay may be I am. Because I hate when someone keeps me waiting.", I say as I cross my arms.

"I am sorry. I got stuck in some work."

"Okay, fine.", I say as he starts driving.

"What do I have to do as an apology now?"

"Well I am not angry anymore so you didn't have to do anything. But if you insist you can buy me a pair of Manolos.", I say sarcastically with a smirk.

"Mano.. What? What is that?", he asks me with a frown.

"Manolo. Manolo Blahnik, it's a famous shoe brand.", I say as I roll my eyes.

"Oh. Okay I will."

"No you won't. Because I was kidding. Come on, what happened to your sense of humor?"

"My sense of humor? Huh.. Lately I've been a bit scared to use it.", he says with half smile.

"What do you mean?", I ask as I look at him.

"I mean, my timing of jokes and pranks are not that good. You should know it well.", he says as we chuckle.

"Well that's right.", I say as I shrug my shoulders and we both laugh.

"It's good to see you laughing Arya.", he says as he looks at me.

I just smile looking at him and don't say anything. It also feels good to laugh with him, to laugh at his jokes. I missed it. I really did. I sigh and look front as we drive.