Chapter 5

The next morning, Loki awoke with a smile on his face. His dream of Annabelle ruling by his side had finally come true. Of course, at the moment it was only temporary. But in time, it might become permanent - one could only hope.

"Good morning, my King," Annabelle greeted with a smile as she sat up.

"Good morning, my Queen," he replied and kissed his wife.

"What shall we be up to today?" she asked as she walked to her wardrobe.

"Well, I thought we could take a walk through the gardens."

"Sounds lovely!"

"Oh, darling, I have something for you," Loki said, and she turned around to face him. With a wave of his hand, a beautiful emerald green gown with gold embellishments replaced her nightgown. And with another, he was dressed in his armor.

Annabelle was in awe as she looked in the mirror. "Loki, it's gorgeous!" she exclaimed with a big smile.

"It's only as beautiful as the one wearing it," he responded with a grin. He loved seeing his wife happy and would do anything to keep her that way.

"Thank you!" she said and kissed him again.

"Ah! One more thing..." A tiara appeared in his hands.

"It's beautiful!" With a snap of her fingers, her hair was done, and Loki put the tiara on her head.

"Wonderful! Now, how do I look?" he asked.

"Perfect, as always, but you're missing something," Annabelle waved her hands, and his helmet appeared on his head.

"How could I forget?" he said with a smile. "What would I ever do without you?"

"Who knows... thankfully, you'll never have to find out," she took his hand, and they left their chambers.

~~~

"My love, you spoil me," she commented as they admired the scenery of the gardens.

"And I love doing it," he responded, and she giggled.

Eventually, they found their way back to the palace and into the throne room.

"We finally have what we've always wanted," Loki said as he sat on the throne.

"Yes, we do," Annabelle replied as she sat on the armrest beside him.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps echoing throughout the hall, coming toward them. Sif and the Warriors Three then emerged from the stairs and entered the throne room.

"Allfather, we must speak with you," Sif said as they approached the throne. The four of them looked up and were instantly taken aback that their friends were in front of them instead of Odin.

"Where's Odin?" Sif asked firmly.

"Father has fallen into the Odinsleep. Mother fears he may never wake again. She refuses to leave his bedside," Loki stated with a somber expression. "In their absence, Annabelle and I have taken the throne." Loki looked to his wife and took her hand. "You can bring your urgent matter to me and my Queen," he said. Annabelle smiled.

"We would ask you to end Thor's banishment," Sif requested.

"My first command can not be to undo the Allfather's last."

"Annabelle, can't you do something?!" Sif pleaded.

"She is your Queen!" Loki shouted.

"My Queen," Sif corrected, "is there anything you can do?"

Annabelle stood before the four of them. "My friends, believe me. I miss Thor, truly I do but Loki is right. It would be unwise to undo the Allfather's last act. As we all know, Odin does things for a reason. Thor was foolish and Odin did what he had to - to keep the Nine Realms safe. So... I'm afraid there's nothing we can do."

Loki looked proudly at his wife. He always knew she would be a wonderful queen and now, she's proving him right. He couldn't help but smile.

"My Queen is right," Loki said as he stood beside Annabelle. "There is nothing we can do."

"Of course... we understand," Fandral said. Sif and the Warriors Three then bowed and turned to leave. Sif, Hogun, and Volstagg walked away, as Fandral stayed behind for a moment.

"My Queen, I must say... you look gorgeous," he said with a smile and winked at her before he left.

"Thank you," Annabelle said blushing. She turned to Loki who had an unapproving look on his face. "My love, he's just being sweet."

"I don't like the way he looked at you."

"He looks at everyone like that. It's Fandral - you know how he is."

"I suppose."

"Come, it's time for lunch," she said and led him out of the throne room.