❏ʚ prompt 3

The original prologue chapter of Dysphoria.

Every day, every night all she heard was breaking glass. Screams of pain echoed through the empty halls. Painting and pictures were torn unrepairable. Nothing could be put back together. There was no such thing as a perfect family.

Sirens outside wailed numbing everything. With all the shouting no one hears a girl crying. No one pays attention to her. Who would pay attention to a small crying girl in the mids of a crime scene?

A lady walks to her. Crossing over the blood-stained tiles and broken china. She kneels down in front of her. "Why are you crying?" she asks as if I wasn't already obvious.

No reply.

"What do you wish for?" she asked again.

Trembling the girl looked up. "Happiness."

"Close your eyes," the lady told her. "Listen to the sounds around you."

She did as she was told. The sirens and shouting turned into screams of pain and shattering glass. She heard the sound of someone crying. She wanted it to stop. Close your eyes.

Everything went quiet.

The next thing she heard was birds and a soft jingle of a bell. A light soft breeze blew strands of hair into her face, drying her tears like a gentle napkin. As if taking away all her troubles and worries. The calmness of the atmosphere kissed her cheeks and the tranquil piano keys in the distance made her smile.

"Open them now."

note: this was short but really fun to write idk lol but now that I read it again it's so... ew-