Narnia was peaceful that night just before King Peter and The White Witch engaged in a roaring battle. In the darkness of that cold night, it seemed as if all that remained of Narnia was the brightly shining moon in the sky and the torches that lit the camps. While some were grieving, the others had already declared themselves victorious. 

Having killed Aslan on the Stone Table, the witch and her people returned to the castle. Her army was already celebrating its victory. After a while, the witch left the dining hall and except for going to her chambers she walked into a secret pathway that led to an old tower behind the ice castle. As she climbed the stairs, she stepped into a small room with a fire burning in the fireplace. Near the fire place was kept a crib in which lay the most beautiful child Narnia had ever seen. The baby cooed as Jadis approached. She had blue eyes, like her mother. Her delicate white skin resembled snow, and her white hair reminded Jadis of winter. As she gazed at the child, her pale white face glowed with a slight smile but the smile didn't last long. She summoned her servant- the dwarf in the tower with her wand. 

"Her imperial majesty, I am here at your service. What is it that you command me to do?"-said the dwarf while kneeling in front of Jadis. "Rise Ginarrbrik. Even if Aslan is dead we cannot be too sure of our victory over the Sons and Daughters of Adam and Eve. Thus I want to give you a very important responsibility"-said Jadis while holding the baby girl in her hands. "If I die tomorrow in the hands of the son of Adam, I command you to escort this child far away from  Narnia. Somewhere she could live a happy life and where she could grow up safely into a fine, strong woman." Ginarrbrik was amazed by the child. It was almost as if he could see the younger form of Jadis. As soon as he looked at her he was charmed by the pure magic that those small blue eyes held. Having blessed the child, Jadis left to prepare for battle.

The next day, as we all know, Adam and Eve's descendants won the battle and Jadis succumbed to her fate. The moment Jadis realized she was losing, she signaled to Ginarrbrik to do as she had instructed. That day after the battle and the coronation ceremony, Ginarrbrik took the child to Aslan and told him everything he knew. "Indeed this child is born from Jadis's powers and she is no threat to anyone in Narnia. However the beasts that went wild under Jadis's rule haven't perished and they shall do anything in their hands to kill this child. Thus I shall seal her powers inside her heart and send her to the human world- the world from where the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve have come. When the time comes she will return to Narnia for the greater good-"said Aslan putting his large paw softly on the child's forehead. A white dazzling light shone from under his paw that soon faded away. "B-But your Majesty, the child is j-just a few months old. Besides, what about her security in the new world? What if she is bullied or-or mistreated or hit?!"-asked the dwarf anxiously. "Oh! don't worry Ginarrbrik I am sure she would be just fine"- said Aslan while laughing softly.