Chapter III

The birds chirped out of the sleeping boys window. Even though it was closed to prevent the cold and the snow getting inside his room the birds were still heard. They had nestled into nearby tree to protect themselves and their babies from the cold winter weather. Aziel turned around in his sleep a couple of times hugging his duvet closer to him, trying to keep his body warm but eventually he opened his eyes. He got up and rubbed his eyes dragging himself to his small bathroom. He looked at his worn out figure splashing some cold water on his face before patting it dry. He walked over his window, grabbing his phone from his bedside table and checking the time.

Friday, 9:03am

He groaned. It was too early for him but he couldn't go back to sleep. He heard noises coming from the kitchen and he wondered if his mom was making breakfast. Both his parents took a few days off from their jobs with the excuse that something important came up. They couldn't risk loosing their jobs. Sure the news and the public were going crazy about what happened but they never revealed who the killer was. Mr. Smith along with a few policemen made a lot of statements about Aziel, without revealing his name of course, covering the questions they were being asked with lies. For example saying that the killer was sentenced to life in prison.

Aziel wondered why some of the women that were in the court didn't reveal who he was. Maybe the judge had said something to them that made them change their minds but nonetheless Aziel was glad about that. Esraa invited Mary and little Jessica for breakfast today knowing that the woman was to exhausted to cook for her daughter. Aziel walked to the kitchen seeing his mom taking plates and glasses from the cabinets and placing them down. Aziel approached his mother careful not to make any sound and kissed the top of her head.

Esraa turned around to look at her beautiful son and immediately hugged him close, her hands wrapped tightly around his neck. ''Good morning honey. Did you sleep well? Any nightmares?'' she asked Aziel who caressed her back softly and shook his head. ''No ami, I slept fine. Need any help?'' the boy asked and his mother nodded while smiling a bit at him. 

''Yes please.''

After preparing breakfast and helping his mother set the table Aziel went to wake up his dad who was snoring like a bear. Man's was catching a year worth of sleep. He went next to him and gently shook his shoulder trying to wake him up. John jolted awake and looked at Aziel with wide eyes before calming down. ''Morning dad. Come down for breakfast.'' he said before exiting his room. Once he stepped foot in the living room, the doorbell rung. ''I'll get it!'' he yelled for his mom to hear as he approached the door opening it, revealing Mary and Jessica who was trembling due to the cold. Her nose was peaking out of the red scarf she had wrapped around her neck, the tip of it red.

He smiled at both of them. ''Good morning, come in.'' he spoke up opening the door wider and welcomed them both in. ''Good morning Aziel, thank you for having us.'' Mary said giving him a small, sad smile. Aziel rubbed her shoulder and kissed Jessica on her forehead. He guided them to the kitchen where Esraa was making the last preparations and she lifted her head looking at the two guests. The two women made eye contact before tearing up and sharing a hug.

''Jess why don't you come up to the room with me so we can take off your coat and scarf?'' Aziel  asked and she nodded grabbing his hand. His heart melted at the small gesture and the both went to his room. He helped Jessica strip of her thick jacket and scarf and take off her shoes. Jessica stared at Aziel with big curious eyes before opening her mouth.

''Zel are you going to prison?'' she asked and Aziel stopped in his tracks and looked at her. He opened his mouth to talk but Jessica beat him to it once her eyes started watering. ''Did daddy do the same things he did to me to you?'' she asked with a trembling voice before she started sobbing. Aziel's heart broke into a million pieces.

He was so glad he killed that fucking piece of shit. No child deserves to go through what Jessica did. He just wished he had made his death more painful and slower. He bent down and looked at Jessica, wiping her tears with his thumbs. ''I will not go to prison Jess and Ι promise to you that your dad will never ever hurt you or bother you.'' Aziel told the crying girl who wiped on her tears. ''P-promise?'' she sobbed and he nodded.

''Promise.''

***

SUNDAY: 2PM

Aziel's POV

I got on my tippy toes trying to reach and grab my book which was located in the highest self and I finally succeeded after throwing it down with the tips of my fingers. I bent down grabbing the book and dusting it before placing it on my suitcase with my other stuff. I closed it and placed the suitcase in the corner of my room. The institution called a few minutes ago and told me what I could take with me what not. They went into full detail about how I need to obey the 'school's' rules or else I would be going straight to jail. They provide a school uniform which will be given to me once I arrive there along with other information.

But here's my question. Why do I need to be escorted by two police cars? Two police cars equals four police officers. Isn't that kinda unnecessary? Am I really that dangerous? I mean I killed five people but that doesn't mean anything, right? They weren't innocent. That grand entrance of mine with four policemen next to me will make me seem like Mr. Nobody from Fast and Furious and will surely attract a lot of attention. I just hope that it will cause no problem in the future. I just want to have a peaceful life in that hellhole. But that's no way in hell possible.

That's Blackstorm Institution we're talking about. That's a step before prison. I surely have heard and read a lot of articles about how the people there do all sort of things you can imagine about but learn how to behave and possibly escape from prison. Animals. Literal animals.

I jumped on my bed and stayed there for as long as possible before I heard my voice being called. ''I'm coming!'' I shouted and reluctantly left my comfortable bed and headed to the living room where my mom and dad were sitting. My parents were sitting next to each other and i took a sit across them. ''What is it?'' I asked and they both looked at me. 

''Nothing Aziel, we just want to spend time with you since you will be leaving in a couple of hours.'' my mom was the first one to look at me and talk. Dad on the other hand looked skeptical as he fiddled with his fingers and his breathing unsteady and never meeting my face. I was quick to notice. ''Dad? What's wrong?'' I asked and he immediately whipped his head in my direction. ''Huh? No nothing.'' he forced a half smile and looked down again.  ''Dad I'm not buying this. What happened?'' I asked once again.

He finally raised his head to look at me eyes red and glossy. I furrowed my eyebrows. ''I just wish I was the one to kill them so you wouldn't go through this.'' he admitted and both me and mom looked at him, our eyes wide. ''I just wished I could get my hands on them so you didn't have to dirty yours. Just what kind of a father am I? I couldn't prevent what happened to you. How can I pay for that?'' his voice broke and he rest his head on his hands and started crying. My eyes immediately teared up and I started crying with him, mom joining too.

I kneeled in front of him and I pulled his hands away from his face while mom was caressing his back trying to calm him down, but she wouldn't even calm down herself. ''D-Dad please don't cry. If you were the one to kill them you know that things would be way more difficult for us right? I'm just going to a juvenile institution. That's nothing too bad. Please don't blame yourself for what happened o-okay?'' I sobbed while I wiped my dad's tears and he wiped mine.

The world is really cruel. And I truly wish these scums are fucking burning in hell.

''Mom and dad really love you Aziel. Don't you ever forget that.'' he chocked out placing a kiss on my sweaty forehead. Mom softly caressed my head and she placed a kiss on it too.

''I love you too. So much.''

*****
Let me know if you like the story so far by voting :) <3