Everything happens for a reason

"Mr. stark remember im staying late after school tomorrow so i wont be training" i yelled to him as i walked towards the elevator "i know kid, get home safe" he yelled back just as i reached the elevator i shook my head i didn't mind being fussed over but sometimes i wanted to say that i was Spiderman and that i could handle myself but deep down i was just happy to have something to call a family after my parents not being alive for most of my life having aunt may was nice but "hey peter mind if i ride with you" Natasha asked making me jump "sure Mrs. Romanoff" i mumbled and she chuckled "kid how many times must i tell you Natasha is fine" i shrugged stepping into the elevator and hitting the button for the ground floor. "so how's school going" Natasha asked breaking the silence "good new year hopefully i can actually make it through without to many instances this year" i joked but knew just how much school i had to miss in my junior year because of the missions being Spiderman but i never minded with Mr. stark and Bruce tutoring me i was ahead in most classes anyway "well that is true but i was talking about the other thing" "right nothing new there though i did tell Ned earlier tonight" i said feeling my cheeks go red, since realizing i was gay i had told only aunt may and Ned but Natasha asked me about it and when i told her she simply nodded and said she wouldn't say anything more about it especially around the rest of the avengers but let me know that she was always around if i needed to talk to someone but i hadn't said anything about it since. we spent the rest of the ride in silence and after bidding her goodbye i started walked back home swinging across roads and other bits but in general enjoying the walk letting my mind wander for a while. getting back to aunt mays i yelled to tell her i was home and began heating up the leftovers she had left out for me to eat before going to get my homework done for the night sighing at the history essay about the civil war which was still on my desk, history was the subject i hated the most other than science as it was so much writing and i struggled to remember the dates for things but luck was on my side i thought as i heard a knocking at the door "ill get it aunt may" i yelled jumping up to get the door expecting it to be Ned or even one of the avengers needing me for something saving from the nightly boredom of homework and to my delight it was mj but she looked like she was about to be sick "mj you ok?" i asked but she just pointed to her car whispering "i didn't know who else to go to he's hurt bad and i couldn't just leave him" confused i rushed to her carto find Bucky Barnes passed out cold in the back seat "help me get him inside he's hurt bad" i yelled to her and together we carried him inside panicked adrenaline shooting through every inch of my body.

My head was pounding when i came to and the light was so bright i had to shut my eyes again for a moment before opening them, everything hurt which wasn't new for me but i felt warm and i couldn't hear cars or even the wind i guessed quick enough that i was inside but what made me try and sit up was hearing a familiar voice talking about 10 feet away "what the hell was he doing in that ring he looks like he's been mulled by dogs" the male voice said which was quickly answered by a female voice who i knew all to well "i have no idea but i couldn't just leave him there to get picked up by who knows what" mj said clearly trying to whisper but i just said trying my best to sit up "if your gunna try to be quiet going into another room might be smart dumbass" they both look over at me and i saw peter parker standing next to mj who promptly walked over to me and shoved me back down "if you sit up the stitches in you side will split" he said and i couldn't help but gape at how strong he was "im fine nerd now would one of you like to tell me where i am and how the hell i got here" i snapped trying to seem mean to hide that i was embarrassed, after leaving my mothers house i had gone to a fighting ring i liked to frequent to win some money but i got cocky and ended up being tagged teamed by a few guys from the city's gang and after they had finished cutting and beating me they let me go but i knew i wouldn't make it far in my condition so i got as far down the highway as i could before collapsing "your at mine and my aunts house and mj picked you up from the side of the road after you collapsed there, my guess is that you got attacked" "don't you dare question what i do with my life parker" i snarled but he just shook his head "well your hear now so your gunna eat something then sleep it off we managed to patch you up but my aunt and i will take you to the hospital in the morning" he sighed letting go of me and walking into the small kitchen "everything happens for a reason parker, you should have left me to die where your little girlfriend found me" mj turned red and i chuckled but peter left me unable to say anything as he mused from the kitchen "well if you believe in that sort of thing Barnes then you could say it was fate that someone like mj came along and had the rational thought and kindness to bring you here instead of finishing what you thug friends started" all i could do was it there and stare at him thinking to myself about all the ways i would make him shut his mouth when i could move again.