Reality of their situations

"Hey, leave him alone asshole" bucky yelled at the guy who had tried to push me against my locker, he was new only been at school for a few days but already he was trying to assert his dominance over the weakest members of the school's society "and what do you care man Hes just some nerd?" the guy said glaring at bucky who chuckled with confidence that even now send goosebumps up my arms "well when you touch my plaything i care" he smirked walking towards the guy and shoving him aside to reach me, i felt my cheeks going red but didn't say anything putting on the weak role i was so used to playing "come on man Hes really not much to look at" the guy scoffed glaring at me but bucky seemed to not like that "say that again?" he took a step forward and the guy stumbled back "hey look man i don't want any trouble" "then let me give you some advice" with that bucky swiped the guys legs sending him crashing to the floor he leaned down close to the guy "stop trying to be top dog, that's me around here and i don't appreciate people coming into my school and messing with what is mine" he turned to wink at me before getting up and clicking his fingers "come on boys let's leave this scumbag I'm bored with him" bucky yawned walking away without saying another word and the other students seemed to follow suit filing away to their separate classrooms, as i walked to English a small smile tugged at my lips, it had been a few weeks since the party and me and bucky had been on 2 dates since then both times i had seen the soft side of him and learnt more about him that made me fall harder and faster than i thought was possible outside of school we were a couple, however in school things were different. sitting in my chair i began to daydream as i normally did paying just enough attention in case i got called on but my thoughts were still with bucky, at first we didn't think acting like a couple inside of school would be an issue but we didn't even make it to lunch before we figured out that if both of our home lives were going to be kept like they were bucky would have to maintain his reputation as he didn't want anyone to know about his family issues as he said and i couldn't let Mr. stark know about bucky or my sexuality so in the end we had decided he would act like i was just another one of his playthings that would be gone within the week and slowly move forward from there. classes moved along as normal throughout the day until 5th period when i was called to the office "ohhh parkers in trouble" flash called from the back off the class, i ignored him and walked out of the class and towards the office fearing what or whoever could be waiting for me there. "Mr. stark what are you doing here" my heart began to race as soon as i saw him standing inside the principal's office "Mr. stark is here to collect you early peter" she said looking between me and Mr. stark "Natasha is leaving tonight and wanted to see you before she goes" i sighed knowing this cover story all too well by now, this was the cover we used when i was needed for a mission "I've got some books in my locker that i need for homework ill run and grab them" i turned to walk out of the office grabbing a piece of blank paper on my way out " meet me in the car" Mr. stark said from behind me and i nodded writing a note to bucky that i planned to slip into his locker letting him know what was going on, i sighed again wishing that i could talk to him before i left, this was my first mission away since we started being together after all.

Reading the note peter had left me i couldn't help but feel upset, i knew that he would be called away on a mission some time as he was an unofficial part of the avengers but i still wasn't ready for the rush of emotions that i would feel with such few words leaving for a few days with the av will talk as soon as i can, don't worry about me as i put the note into my pocket and grabbed my textbooks i sent a silent prayer for him to remain safe and to come back before i walked to class trying to keep up my bad boy image.

Going home was something i dreaded each day but recently it had only gotten worse with my mother's pregnancy being no longer hide able he was at first fuming at the idea of having to raise another child that he didn't want but now played the perfect husband role, taking care of my mother's every need which sickened me to the core, this wasn't what he was like and i knew that this baby would be the target of so much rage and hatred it made me sick every time i thought about it, i had wanted to talk to peter about it and get his opinion on what i was planning to do once the baby was born, i was going to take the baby away from all that hatred, even if the baby parents refused to love it i would unlike my sister before i was old enough to take care of it this time. walking into the house it was strangely quiet "mum" i yelled assuming she was home as the front door had been unlocked, a slight sob broke the silence which i followed to find my mother sat on the floor eyes red from crying i slid to her side "omg mum what happened" i asked panic flooding through me, she didn't cry ever i had only seen her this upset when " what happened" i asked again slower this time she still shaking handed me a piece of paper that she had been clutching in her hand like it was her life support, i looked at the tear stained paper and i could just make out the words through the tears were done i don't want anything to do with your baby bye whore the letter crumpled in my fist as i looked at her, then down at her stomach " what are we going to do buck?" she asked me not looking up from the floor, she was the only person who would call me buck and even as a kid i hated it but now i didn't even have the words to correct her about that "i don't have any skills apart from working at the club and i can't even do that now, we need the money" i pulled her into my arms "it's all going to be ok mum ill figure it out i promise" as she cried i pulled out my phone and sent a message to peter SOS, call me as soon as possible please i knew it was stupid in a time like this to be thinking of him with everything that was going on around me but i wanted to make sure he was safe, however deep down i knew that I needed him for me, it was strange feeling like that but as I hugged my mum knowing that the next few months would be difficult for all of us it also felt nice to know that even if I had to become my mother's emotional support I also had someone out there who I could lean on for that same support as well.