|ten - on the other side|

Y/N

~~~

THE SUN was up, Draco and I walking hand in hand under its glow, the trees of the deep forest shading us from gettin burnt.

It was tiring, but with the Ministry just behind us, we knew we couldn't stop. In all honesty, we have no idea where we were going. We were out of places to go to. No more houses, no more cabins, no more place to feel free but the afterlife.

As we walked on the dry leaves, I looked up, squinting my eyes at the sunlight coming from the gaps of the leaves from the trees, "Merlin, help us," I couldn't help but mumble.

Draco glanced at me, nevertheless in danger, he still smirked, "You do realize that Merlin can't help us, right?" His grin slowly faded, "We're on our own. We've got nothing."

I squeezed his hand, knowing well he was running out of hope.

"We have each other," I reminded him, "That's not nothing."

Sometimes, I really can't believe my own words anymore. They just seem so empty, but this, I meant it. Whatever happens next year, or next month, or next week, or tomorrow, or even today, we were going to go through it together. No letting go, just walking the rough patch hand in hand.

Draco gave me a small smile of appreciation. I knew there were loads of doubts, though.

As I was supposed to say more, we heard a twig snap.

We both turned our heads, searching our surroundings for anything. But there was nothing.

I gripped my wand tightly around my hands, my eyes roaming around the woods.

Then I saw it. A wand pointed at us from behind a tree.

"Down!"

I managed to pull Draco with me down behind a rock, as a spell tried to hit us. Draco threw a spell at the Auror, and managed to hit him, but there were more Aurors, it wasn't only him.

Draco pulled me, seeing an Auror from our left. We made a run for it, ducking our heads to avoid getting shot. I glanced over my shoulder, seeing about three Aurors at our tail. I tried to hit the trees, not wanting to hurt any of them, but at the same time, I didn't want them to be hurting us.

My hands slipped from Draco's hands as I turned to throw another spell. Draco looked back, "Y/N!" I heard him exclaim, but I was already thrown back by a spell- most probably the stunning spell.

I wasn't unconscious, so that was good. But when I stood up, I didn't see Draco. I ran for cover, trying to find him as I tried to fight my way through the woods.

Every snap of twigs made me jump, every spell from the Aurors made me scared. Where was Draco?!

Then I saw him.

From a distance, I saw that he was dueling with someone- who? I was about to find out.

I ran towards him, coming from behind the Auror he was dueling.

But I stopped as when I reached them.

"Robards," I breathed out, freezing in my spot.